Evergrey Chicago Show - Review/Setlist

Evergrey

Ambassador
Jul 27, 2003
Chicago, IL
I was at the show last night and the band absolutely blew the walls off the place! Here's what they played by my recollection:

1) Solitude Into (I think)
2) Blinded
3) End of Days
4) Rulers of the Mind
5) Recreation Day
6) Nosferatu
7) Masterplan

The opening band didn't even have a chance. The place was not too big so I was able to get into the front row without a problem after shoving a few fellow metalheads out of the way. This was the first time I have seen the band live and I was especially impressed with how technical the guitars were live. They hit all the solos without a problem and Tom's vocals were powerful. I'll be at ProgPower this weekend to see them again, only for 1.5 hours this time!! The guys are classy too. Tom stuck around the bar after they played and was very humble and modest. Truly classy. Arch Enemy also impressed me, but Evergrey was the best by far in my opinion. If you get the chance, do not miss a live Evergrey concert!!!

Metal 4ever

I was at the show last night and evergrey were fantastic! I hung out with Tom, Henrik and Rikard during Arch Enemy's show and they're a really cool bunch of guys. I told Henrik someone on this board was talking crap about him not appreciating the fans when he was ill at an earlier show. He was actually kind of upset about it and I can say that he was great with everbody. Henrik, thanks for teaching me how to do a Bjorn Borg tequila shot and you're not an a$$hole! We pounded down the beers and I beat Tom at arm-wrestling. I had a great time! Evergrey are a phenominal live band and a great group of down to earth guys. Come back to Chicago soon and hopefully play a longer set on a bigger stage.
Mike

Last night was my first time seeing Evergrey live and I had a great time! Not only did they sound awesome, but they were all really nice guys too! Thank you Tom for the guitar pick! And thanks to Tom, Henrik & Michael for posing for a picture with me. I hope it turns out.