Detroit Show

BastrdDrmr

Jul 29, 2002
Green Oak, michigan
Visit site
Just saw Evergrey tonight at Harpos. They were great, but their sound lacked pretty badly. Evergrey seemed to do a longer set than the ones I've seen posted here. It was (I'm pretty sure this order is correct):

Blinded
End of Your Days
Rulers of the Mind
new song, not sure of the name
Recreation Day (great song live)
A Touch of Blessing
Masterplan

Children of Bodom was my favorite performance of the night. Their sound was AWESOME... way better than Evergrey's sound. You can find their setlist on the CoB board here at ultimate metal.

Iced Earth was good, and their sound was good. They played a long long set that drew mostly from the Something Wicked and Glorious Burden albums. They made a huge mistake doing 2 trilogies back to back. Horrible idea.... I was falling asleep towards the end of the Gettysburg trilogy. You can also find the Iced Earth setlist on their board.

I wonder if Jon Schaffer had anything to do with poor sound problems. After hearing about how much of an asshole he was to In Flames calling them "spoiled European pussies" and continually cutting down their space on stage, and then this concert both Evergrey and CoB had a lot of sound problems. Iced Earth comes on and boom sound is perfect. Its a crazy theory thats the reason why, but it just seemed a lil' ironic that it took 6 bands (I'm guessing because I only made it for the last local band, Pownd, and then the rest of the show) to get the sound right.

Drmr, you do this silly shit every time someone has a mere difference of opinion with you. Get over it!

The Yngster said:
You honestly think that Jon Schaffer is purposely ruining the opening act's sounds so that they dont show IE up?

I don't really know, I was kinda being silly by suggesting that. I just found it really fucked up how you could barely hear Evergrey's guitars, then CoB having the problems with the keyboard, Alexi having to switch guitars for some reason unknown. Then considering all the horrible things I've heard about Schaffer, I thought as crazy as it might be it could be possible.

When a band member kicks the fuckin' PA, you know the sound can't be good. You could tell CoB were fuckin' pissed that night.

:( I used to live just a few blocks away from Harpo's. Damn Air Force. Even then, I'd finally get to see Iced Earth, and Tim Owens.

BastrdDrmr said:
umm... I didn't say Children of Bodom's sound was poor. I thought it was very good.... WAY better than evergrey's

Were you sober for Evergrey and then started boozin at intermission and then listened to COB...

JK! They both sounded good IMO. I am biased towards Evergrey too.