Milwaukee and Detroit Review

Evergrey

Ambassador
Jul 27, 2003
Chicago, IL
I was fortunate enough to make both shows over the weekend. I don't know where to start, both shows were incredible. The setlists for both shows were similiar and consisted of the following songs:

Blinded (Solitude intro I believe)
End of Your Days
Rulers of the Mind
Recreation Day (Kick ass heavy intro)
More than Ever
A Touch of Blessing
The Masterplan
(Outro - the chorus from Fragments)

The highlights:

Both shows they started out with Blinded but used the intro that they often use with Solitude Within to get the crowd pumped up. then they went right into Blinded. I can't think of a better way to start of the concert than the up and down riff at the beginning of Blinded. However, Tom lengthened the riff by doing a few more octaves and then the band slammed right into the song. Very great powerful beginning. I thought the sound quality was excellent, especially at Harpo's although the venue was very unique. I've never see a stage so high off the ground.

Another part that totally kicked my ass that I wasn't expecting was the intro to Recreation Day. They played an extremely heavy beginning of which I was not ready for and totally blew me away(it is not on the album).

A Touch of Blessing really got the crowd going both concerts and The Masterplan was a great finale. Tom and Henrik hit all the solos with precision. Rikard had a kickass solo on the keys (can't recall what part, but it was really good).

I truly planned on listening to Iced Earth both shows, but ended up finding the bar with Henrik on Friday night instead and had to leave early Saturday. I don't think I'll ever be able to drink tequila again:) Brought my brother for the second concert (his first ever) and he was completely blown away.

They better get the recognition they deserve when this album is released, they are just too good not to hit it big.