Evergrey In Atlanta

DAddarioXL1

New Metal Member
May 5, 2004
What a great evening! Quite a turnout for this city.
This was my first time seeing them live, and they didn't disappoint at all.
The sound/mix was good, i could hear every note clearly.
The setlist for the evening is as follows.....

1. Blinded
2. End Of Your Days
3. Rulers Of The Mind
4. More Than Ever
5. Touch Of Blessing
6. Recreation Day
7. The Masterplan......great closer

all in all a great show, Bodom was amazing too.
Last but not least, I got to meet the ol' Sweden fivesome and they all signed my limited edition of Inner Circle album. They are real nice guys, Tom is very funny, he has a nice sense of humor, and since i play guitar too, it was nice to speak to Henrik. Thanks Evergrey, i hope you really do save metal from the slump its in now...

Last night was the first time I have even heard Evergrey and I was blown away from the talent and musical awe of this band. I had heard they were good, but for a band to be this good live was unbelieveable.

I thought sound was pretty bad for Evergrey which is not suprising for an opening band on a 3 band bill. Drums and bass were overpowering the guitars. On stae they seemed like they were uncomfortable being the opening act , very short timeslot. Anybody saw them before at any Progpower event would not be satisfied yesterdays performance.

If you guys think that was a good performance, you will be blown away when you see them as main act.

On the other hand, soundwise COB was good. But the sound of Iced Earth was unbeliavable. The best sound I have ever heard in Masquarade.

arnavut said:
I thought sound was pretty bad for Evergrey which is not suprising for an opening band on a 3 band bill. Drums and bass were overpowering the guitars. On stae they seemed like they were uncomfortable being the opening act , very short timeslot. Anybody saw them before at any Progpower event would not be satisfied yesterdays performance.

If you guys think that was a good performance, you will be blown away when you see them as main act.

On the other hand, soundwise COB was good. But the sound of Iced Earth was unbeliavable. The best sound I have ever heard in Masquarade.

I would have to agree that the sound they had at ProgPower was superior to the Iced Earth tour. The Earthlink venue is amazing. I think they also sound VERY good on this tour, but the performance at Earthlink was a step above (and they played more songs)