Evergrey Chicago Show - Setlist

Evergrey

Ambassador
Jul 27, 2003
Chicago, IL
I posted this thread in the Evergrey forum but I had to put it here too. They are going to freakin blow away the crowd at ProgPower....

I was at the show last night in Chicago (9/3) and the band absolutely blew the walls off the place! Here's what they played by my recollection:

1) Solitude Into (I think)
2) Blinded
3) End of Days
4) Rulers of the Mind
5) Recreation Day
6) Nosferatu
7) Masterplan

The opening band didn't even have a chance. The place was not too big so I was able to get into the front row without a problem after shoving a few fellow metalheads out of the way. This was the first time I have seen the band live and I was especially impressed with how technical the guitars were live. They hit all the solos without a problem and Tom's vocals were powerful. I'll be at ProgPower this weekend to see them again, only for 1.5 hours this time!! The guys are classy too. Tom stuck around the bar after they played and was very humble and modest. Truly classy. Arch Enemy also impressed me, but Evergrey was the best by far in my opinion. If you get the chance, do not miss a live Evergrey concert!!!

On a side note, I just broke up with my girlfriend this past week (who was coming with me to ProgPower) so I will be there solo and more crazy than ever. I look forward to meeting you fellow prog metalheads! Flying out from Chicago in 5 hours... See you at the show!