Evergrey in BOCHUM (Ger) Matrix

Stelios

New Metal Member
Oct 8, 2006
What a great evening!

First of all a little digest.
The Bands befor EG wasnt that exciting apart from AWAKE, but i couldnt form a opinion about their qualities in 25 min and 4 Songs.

As u all know we can rip off heads over tastes in style, music and art, so i wont lose one word about Avatar.

But now to our favourite EVERGREY.:worship:

I dont know how many of u were in the Club Matrix befor, but i like the Club.
Its not that big, and u get the feeling to be on the spot. Sometimes u get a sight of the bandmembers as they running through the halls etc etc.

SO but now to the concert.

I dont remember the songlist in the correct turn cause the beers tasted too good. But as usually they played every song u can wish. The hole Gig started with their well known Intro and the first songs followed powerfull and the crowd went crazy.:headbang:

The first time is saw them in Matrix in March this year on the surprise gig, there wasnt much time to play the songs and so they were under pressure to get a good mix between the new songs and the old ones. Didnt saw any smile on their faces. That was a drop of bitterness, cause the more fun the guys have the more they rock.

This time things changes. There was the time and the people were very excited. I guess the EG guys had a lot of fun yesterday cause the german audience is usually a hart nut which isnt easy to break. But if u get them u have them on ur sight. The other Bands befor tried to create a atmosphere and to livening up the audience but the result wasnt effective.

Evergrey just need to play the intro and the people went crazy.

I liked to see that Rikard and Jonas had their solos. 2 realy funny things happend, as Tom was surprised i guess. They played "I´m Sorry" and as he asked the people if they know the text, they people sung for proof the hole song with Tom. The second funny thing happened as Tom wanted to pronounce a song they never had played befor here in Germany . One guy shouted as loud as he can " THE GREAT DECIEVER " and Tom had to lough about that and he said :" Thats the name of the song."
One word to their new bass: I liked to see, that they found a new bass who toes and is integrated as well. I wish him lots of fun with EG.
The great final scene with masterplan was amazing. Even if i was on the wrong side of the crowd.
I was lefthanded to Tom and as he splitted us in 2 rows and let us sing
the others were much louder than us. :cry:

So i hope u enjoyed reading, have fun and a nice day.

Having witnessed the great Evergrey set at "de Bosuil" last weekend, we just thought it was impossible to do any better than that.
Little did we know... :lol:

Right from the start, everyone was having a party :headbang: - and I hope the band had, too!! I even saw Fredrik smile! (BTW, guys, isn't it about time to mention his name as a band member on your homepage?)

I think the setlist in Bochum was almost the same as in de Bosuil - plus a gorgeous drum solo and a few additional guitar solos of Henrik towards the end of the show. (You're right, Tom, - everyone of you is damn f**king fast!!) :worship: :worship:
I'm not 100 % sure if the songs are in the right order, though:

Blinded
End of your Days
Rulers of the Mind
As I lie here Bleeding
Mark of the Triangle
Obedience
M.M.A
Still in the Water
In Remembrance
Till Dagmar
I'm Sorry
The Great Deceiver
Solitude Within
More than Ever

When the Walls go Down
Recreation Day
Touch of Blessing
The Masterplan

Smashing setlist, that is! They blew us away from the very first minute!

That's why we were so bad at singing, BTW, had been singing all along from the start! (I must confess I was on that lefthand loser-side, too... :oops: But we honestly tried!)

It was our 5th time to see Evergrey this year, and everytime has been big fun. They never cease to surprise us with their power and skills :) and it's getting better all the time!
I really can't say that of too many bands nowadays...

There's only one band that can fill the void that comes with the end of the Evergrey tour, and it's the Finnish guys Tarot - Marco Hietala and his brother. "Crows over Germany" - for the very first time ever!!! :headbang:
They will nicely fill up the break that Evergrey do until we will see them again at the Bang Your Head Festival in Balingen!!!

Take care & keep on rocking!!

Hey sarawi, could it be that ur the friend aki told me today who will
rock with Tarot in Cologne or Bochum in februar next year? :)

Maybe we will meet us there :)

Cya the days, hf

Hey Stelios,

pretty much seems to me you recognized me ;)

most definitely we should meet there!
and bring your friends!!!
:headbang: