Evergrey in Lauderdale

Burke

Oct 14, 2002
South Florida
Me and Greykiller caught Evergrey last night at Revolution in Lauderdale - we had limited time so we just stayed for their set (and they opened the show which was convenient. )

The mix was a tad overloud muddling it just a bit but otherwise, my world was officially ROCKED. :worship:

The guys came out to their current intro track and then blasted into BLINDED. They also played Monday Morning Apocalypse, Obedience, A Touch of Blessing, Recreation Day :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:, She Speaks to The Dead, and of course, closed with MASTERPLAN.

(I think I missed listing another song, maybe two - they played for like 40 minutes which was a welcome treat after expecting a 30 minute set)

The crowd was a bit hesitant at first but definitely was feeling THE GREY by the end... there was some major headbanging going on up front and a few hardcore fans in the audience I heard calling out track names between songs.

Caught up with the boys outside on the way out at their bus. Told them all kickass set, and told Tom we would catch them in Sept. He was saying it was cool to play for 40 minutes and that in Sept they would play ' a bit longer than that.':heh:

Kickass evening...... :kickass:

Yeah the sound was definitely muddy, especially the vocals, but it got better (or did I just get used to it?) by the end of the set.

Someone should tell Tom they have a new album out because he introduced 'More than Ever' by saying "this song is from our new album..."

Overall I think they made a good impression on the crowd (the two groups of people I was in between asked me the name of the band). The new songs sounded great live, even if it was a bit muddy. I went to see the show just for them and all the other bands paled in comparison at least for me. In Flames dissapointed me, they used to be great. At least the hot topic crowd, which came out in numbers, seemed to enjoy it.

I'm very angry because I went to this show and I missed Evergrey. I cannot stress this enough. I didn't say a word to anyone up until I saw them hanging out, so I felt a little better to atleast be able to say hi and to meet the band. Thanks to Chris from the board, when I introduced myself, they had known who I was already. They were easy to talk to, really nice. I really wanted to see them play, I wanted to be in the frontrow banging my head too.

In Flames (when playing the good 'ole IN FLAMES songs) were awsome. Otherwise, those new songs.. :puke:

I don't have much of a concert review on Evergrey.. but I did hang out with both bands at the Poorhouse Bar until 5 AM. They're really cool. Richard brought me and a few friends some food because we were hungry :headbang:

I can't wait now even more for ProgPower. Their set there will make it all the best.

By the way, I don't know if anyone else noticed :)blush:), but the bassist of Evergrey did come out naked and jumping around during In Flames and into the pit. :lol:

Empress said:
By the way, I don't know if anyone else noticed :)blush:), but the bassist of Evergrey did come out naked and jumping around during In Flames and into the pit. :lol:

That was hilarious! LOL I was right up front, in the pit.. Suddenly I see a naked swedish guy stage diving right next to me! :lol: That was pretty funny..especially the reaction of the security guards! They didn't know what to do..

Everygrey put on a great show...sound was terrible...but nice, intimate venue!

Looking forward to PP!

:headbang:

lifesadream said:
Sounds cool,Cant wait until September. How was Nevermore?

Nevermore didn't play South Florida. Their last date on the bill was Tallahasse.

Empress said:
I'm very angry because I went to this show and I missed Evergrey. I cannot stress this enough. I didn't say a word to anyone up until I saw them hanging out, so I felt a little better to atleast be able to say hi and to meet the band. Thanks to Chris from the board, when I introduced myself, they had known who I was already. They were easy to talk to, really nice. I really wanted to see them play, I wanted to be in the frontrow banging my head too.

In Flames (when playing the good 'ole IN FLAMES songs) were awsome. Otherwise, those new songs.. :puke:

I don't have much of a concert review on Evergrey.. but I did hang out with both bands at the Poorhouse Bar until 5 AM. They're really cool. Richard brought me and a few friends some food because we were hungry :headbang:

I can't wait now even more for ProgPower. Their set there will make it all the best.

When I started reading your post, I thought I was reading about myself for a second!! I also missed their set at the show I went to, but went to another show the next night so I could hear them. You can find my post over in the Evergrey forum or see http://www.myspace.com/ohmetallover for some of the pics I got of them.

I can't wait to see them at PP too! :headbang:

Originally Posted by Empress
By the way, I don't know if anyone else noticed (), but the bassist of Evergrey did come out naked and jumping around during In Flames and into the pit.

Mike do something like that
nahhh............Mike never does anything like that
Glad you at least got a chance to hang out with them
Wait till Progpower,their show will be off the hook

And I always have to bring up the best Evergrey story evermfrom ProgPower 2,and me having to explain at the now infamous Grenada room 303 party to Tom,after all the beer ran out,about Georgia Blue laws(no alcohol sold on Sundays)

I'm not complaining, change is good. For once I didn't have to stare at two tits flopping in the wind. :lol:

Anybody else notice that Tom got a haircut? I noticed during the usual evergrey headbanging.

Its still long, just not THAT long.