Evergrey

wdiv

Rattlehead
May 28, 2004
US
Anybody heard any portion of the new Evergrey album that's coming out?
I wasn't even aware their new album was ready until I saw our new banner ad for it.... now I've got a new cd to get excited about!

New album is more commercially oriented, the songs all fit between 3:30 and 4:30 minutes, as if they were intentionally tailored for radio and TV. :)
The music is more predictable and stripped down of their darker and progressive stuff, what you are left with is however still instant Evergrey, but their more melodic and less proggy face.

IMO it's the least good album by them, but still waaay better than most releases. Not a flop, but not a thrill either I'd say...

SickBoy said:
New album is more commercially oriented, the songs all fit between 3:30 and 4:30 minutes, as if they were intentionally tailored for radio and TV. :)
The music is more predictable and stripped down of their darker and progressive stuff, what you are left with is however still instant Evergrey, but their more melodic and less proggy face.

IMO it's the least good album by them, but still waaay better than most releases. Not a flop, but not a thrill either I'd say...

Agreed. That's a pretty good assessment in a nutshell. I like it but it doesn't grab me and throw me to the floor and demand to be listened to. The new Vanden Plas, on the other hand, is freakin' awesome. I've been playing that one about two or three times a day. :headbang:

SickBoy said:

Is that what being nominated for a swedish grammy does to a band?

SickBoy said:

:erk:

That doesn't sound too good, but I'll still buy the LP. I love these guys. I think they are probably my fave band currently recording music nowadays.

Plus their DVD is the best concert film I ever seen. Fantastic!