Evergrey tuning and strings thickness ???

StasisGilles

New Metal Member
Jan 19, 2007
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and just want to say that Evergrey is a great band. Saw them twice and were really great!

I have my own band : www.stasisonline.com , and we play also progressive metal so check it out. Anyway my question is:

What tuning does Evergrey use on their guitars on Monday morning apocalypse? I searched everywhere but wasn't able to find anything. I'm customizing a new ESP guitar and would like to know what strings and wich thickness Evergrey uses.

I tried to figure it out myself and think its: C,G,C,F,A,D ( drop c ). Am i right or does anybody know this for sure?

Thanks a lot allready, greets Gilles

I'm not sure what guage strings they use, but they used 7-string guitars tuned A E A D G B E for a few songs (The Curtain Fall, I Should, In Remembrance) on the new album. I'm pretty sure the rest of the songs are tuned C G C F A D. Let me know when you guys get some songs up on your myspace, I'd like to hear them, as I play in a prog metal band myself. www.myspace.com/siloportem

As far as I know the tuning you´ve mentioned is correct.
At elast if I remember it rigt (watch the "A night to remember"-DVD.)
about the the thickness I´d guess they use pretty thick strings, like Skull Strings. Probably .60 strings

Dark Discovery-EADGBE

Solitude-Dominance-Tragedy-DADGBE

In Search of Truth-DADGBE

Recreation Day-CGCFAD for the most part. The title track was played on a 7-string tuned 1 step down. I think End Of Your Days is in standard, though.

The Inner Circle- CGCFAD for the most part as well. DADGBE for More Than Ever.

ISOT includes a few songs like The Encounter,The Masterplan and Mark Of The Triangle which are in standart tuning.

as far as i know, they use a lot of different tunings on all albums. Recreation Day, for instance, has stuff from standard to drop c.

Dark Discovery-EADGBE

Solitude-Dominance-Tragedy-DADGBE

In Search of Truth-DADGBE

Recreation Day-CGCFAD for the most part. The title track was played on a 7-string tuned 1 step down. I think End Of Your Days is in standard, though.

The Inner Circle- CGCFAD for the most part as well. DADGBE for More Than Ever.

I wouldn't say it's as cut and dry as that. They use a variety of tunings for their albums.

In Search of Truth has drop D and standard tunings for sure, as well as others.

Recreation Day has quie a variety as well. TGD is drop C, EOYD is standard, AILHB is drop D, the title track is probably a 7-string tuned half a step down (or just a baritone 6-string), visions is probably drop D, I'm sorry is drop D, blinded is standard, fragments is drop D. not sure about the rest.