EVERTHRONE "Evil Tongues" available now (South Carolina power/prog)

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
DIVE055_cover.jpg

BOOTCAMP SERIES #8
BUY NOW

DECLASSIFIED INFORMATION:
EVERTHRONE’s journey began back in 2005 while operating under a different moniker, releasing two highly acclaimed EPs by the end of 2009. It wasn’t until the metamorphosis that resulted in EVERTHRONE being born that the band was truly firing on all cylinders. On their Jamie King-produced debut album, Evil Tongues, the group take their progressive metal sound and underscore it with a synth-driven rhythmic thrust that was so prevalent during the golden age of darkwave in the '80s.

The marriage of forward-thinking heavy metal arrangements and synth-pop might sound a bit risky, but not only does EVERTHRONE make the unlikely stylistic combination work, they also make it all feel seamless and natural, a testament to the group's profound talents. In an age of fly-by-night, Internet hype-driven metal acts, EVERTHRONE march to the beat of their own drummer, giving hope to those who care more about songwriting mastery than the flavor of the week.

COMRADES IN ARMS:
Dream Theater, Amorphis, Tears For Fears, Symphony X and Warlord

ARSENAL:
Produced by Jamie King (Divebomb Remastering Engineer) – limited edition CD – only 500 units pressed worldwide – new artwork – band supplied photos – full color 8 page booklet with lyrics – includes cover of Real Life’s smash hit “Send Me An Angel”

1 Silent
2 Remnants
3 The Snake And The Lamb
4 Cast Out
5 I Am Usurper
6 Hope Behind Our Eyes
7 Euphoria
8 Gilded Throat
9 Send Me An Angel

Last edited by a moderator:
THat's pretty cool, Matt. I'll have to check out some more of their stuff. Not sure about the growlies at 2:45, but as long as those are minimal I'm on board. I'll tell you the exact band I thought of when listening to this...Transcendence - The Meridian Project.

THat's pretty cool, Matt. I'll have to check out some more of their stuff. Not sure about the growlies at 2:45, but as long as those are minimal I'm on board. I'll tell you the exact band I thought of when listening to this...Transcendence - The Meridian Project.

They are minimal, except in track I Am Usurper, but it really fits the lyrics and story. You can stream the entire release on our bandcamp page here and judge for yourself. I dig the mix of clean and harsh the lead guitar work is pretty awesome too. nothing super shreddy just completely memorable and tasteful. but again I am biased. haha.

It's a slightly obscure album that was released around 2002 or so. I think it's a christian project based on some lyrical content. I could be waaaay off on the comparison, but that was what hit me with my initial impression.

BTW, I checked out your bandcamp stuff. You've got a TON of titles and some cool reissues in there, stuff I hadn't seen in 25 years. Very nice.

It's a slightly obscure album that was released around 2002 or so. I think it's a christian project based on some lyrical content. I could be waaaay off on the comparison, but that was what hit me with my initial impression.

BTW, I checked out your bandcamp stuff. You've got a TON of titles and some cool reissues in there, stuff I hadn't seen in 25 years. Very nice.

that is the best part, any band can strike any chord with any listener which could be completely different than the next listener. people think i am crazy when i list Tears For Fears in the RIYL bands. but they definitely have that darkwave synth vibe about them. very pulsating.

Looks like Divebomb is well on it's way to becoming the US equivalent to Rock Candy. Congrats. :)

that is a mighty fine compliment, and i will gladly accept it! RCR is my fave reissue label for sure. I have nearly all of their stuff. I just wish I had the same access to major label archives as they do. I would have reissued so many more classic hard rock/thrash albums by now. haha

This is very well produced stuff. Not much of this quality comes out of my home state of South Carolina. But I really love this. Great vocals. Need to get this post haste!

Also, I found the harsh vocals well placed. I guess I'm used to them in just about any heavy metal style at this point. I don't think it takes away from the sound at all. Plus, the cleans are well done, but don't necessarily have that much aggression. So the harsh voice comes in as a foil to that, to add balance. This is really really good stuff!

This is very well produced stuff. Not much of this quality comes out of my home state of South Carolina. But I really love this. Great vocals. Need to get this post haste!

Also, I found the harsh vocals well placed. I guess I'm used to them in just about any heavy metal style at this point. I don't think it takes away from the sound at all. Plus, the cleans are well done, but don't necessarily have that much aggression. So the harsh voice comes in as a foil to that, to add balance. This is really really good stuff!

I actually feel the same way. The harsh and clean are balanced so well and used for great effect within each of the song's dynamics. I do understand how some people dislike harsh vocals altogether, but this stuff just works very well in my book.

"Evil Tongues is a highly enjoyable and very impressive debut from one of the brightest new stars in the American progressive metal scene. Everthrone takes an unusual approach to the genre, but taking chances and pushing the boundaries is what progressive metal is supposed to be about in the first place. If you like your progressive metal on the (very) melodic side, you do not want to miss this album. It should also have enough crossover appeal that fans of Circus Maximus, Redemption, Dark Tranquillity, Persefone, Amaranthe, Evergrey, Sentenced, Dream Theater and Atrocity can all find something to love."

Full review here: http://hardrockhaven.net/online/2014/02/everthrone-evil-tongues-cd-review/