Every Kat fan will love the new him.

It's not bad per se, but it's certainly not up to par with albums like Razorblade Romance and Dark Light. I haven't given the album time to sink in, so my opinion could change. Don't get me wrong; I love the band, but this is the first time I'm genuinely disappointed by a HIM cd.

I love people who judge music without listening.

That is a bad assumption to make....I have heard a boatload of music by HIM, and YES 3 new songs, I just don't like it, it is as simple as that. Nobody here has a secret "let's hate Him agenda" some people just aren't into it, don't be offended.

I'd actually agree with BlueSky. Most of the hating is based on Ville Valos make-up and crying teenage girls rather than the actuall music. I havent heard that much, but I was a bit surprised at Hultsfred 2006 hearing that is was actually some good songs going on. And, yeah, Katatonia is definately close to HIM musicwise.

Most of the hating is based on Ville Valos make-up and crying teenage girls rather than the actuall music.
Its SO typical of fans of hated bands to claim people only dislike the band for stupid reasons.

Yeah, sure - The vocalist is really gay, and they have a lot of teenage girlie fans. Thats not to say the music doesn't suck, you know....

Also, seriously: How many bands with a LOT of female fans do NOT suck?

Him are about as pop as it gets. Thats why i don't like them. The heavy guitars does not help much at all. The cheezy melodies all over are really sickening.

You know, you can just ignore the thread if HIM pisses you off that much, right?

And saying their music sucks is really subjective. As much as you may despise them, there's plenty of people (including me) that love their music. Sure, it's poppy, but who really cares; there's plenty of bands out there that are MUCH worse than HIM, trust me.

You know, you can just ignore the thread if HIM pisses you off that much, right?

And saying their music sucks is really subjective. As much as you may despise them, there's plenty of people (including me) that love their music. Sure, it's poppy, but who really cares; there's plenty of bands out there that are MUCH worse than HIM, trust me.
So you think all threads in all forums should be just about praising whatever is beeing dicussed? No negative comments anywhere?

Also my last post was relatively serious too. Not just HimBashing or whatever.

And to your last sentences: So fucking what?? I know music is subjective. I'm not claiming to be some kind of musical guru. I'm just stating my subjective opinion like everybody else.

"Sure its poppy, but who really cares?" We're dicussing Hims music here. And i don't like pop, so i do care - and thats why i dislike Hims music. I'm not saying liking pop music is wrong.

I understand you have a legitimate reason for disliking their music, but it's just music; it's not really that big of a deal. And no - I don't think all threads should just be about constant praise. If you take a look at my first post in this thread, I was actually disappointed with the new HIM cd.

I don't really understand the problem, then. If i think it sucks, i'm gonna say just that.

Its not because i care so very much. I just think it sucks.

Him is a quite good band and I think that this last album is pretty well done too...They are a lot like Charon but in my opinion Charon is a million times better than them.Especially the vox.Charon has a unique singer...