'Everything Dies'

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
I was just browsing through the discography over at studiofredman.com and I noticed something peculiar. Fredrik has Opeth down as having recorded something called 'Everything Dies', which was produced by both himself and Friden (I assume Anders Friden of In Flames).

Does anybody know anything about this? The words 'everything dies' sound eerily familiar too... like a Dimension Zero or In Flames track or something.

I never owned a copy of MAYH until a couple of days ago, and I found it slightly surprising that Friden co-produced the cd. I don't know why.

Moonlapse said:
I was just browsing through the discography over at studiofredman.com and I noticed something peculiar. Fredrik has Opeth down as having recorded something called 'Everything Dies', which was produced by both himself and Friden (I assume Anders Friden of In Flames).

Does anybody know anything about this? The words 'everything dies' sound eerily familiar too... like a Dimension Zero or In Flames track or something.

I've never heard of that, this is surprising. There is, in fact an old In Flames tracked called "Ever Dying"

M.Lehto said:
My Arms, Your Hearse = Everything Dies
Are you sure? MAYH is listed as a seperate entity right below 'everything dies'. Then again Studio Fredman's discography is hardly an oracle... it hasn't even been updated to include Opeth's DnD and Nightrage's 'Sweet Vengeance'.

Moonlapse said:
Are you sure? MAYH is listed as a seperate entity right below 'everything dies'. Then again Studio Fredman's discography is hardly an oracle... it hasn't even been updated to include Opeth's DnD and Nightrage's 'Sweet Vengeance'.
100% sure. MAYH was also pre-listed in some shops before it was released and it was titled as Everything Dies.

@moonlapse - the whole "everything dies" thing was mentioned really recently in an interview somebody here posted, i think it may have been one of luz's....look around, i'm sure you'll find it

Master_Debater said:
Everyone poops
Peter: I'm looking for some toilet training books.
Salesman: We have the popular 'everybody poops", or the less popular 'nobody poops but you'.
Peter: Well, you see, we're catholic...
Salesman: Ah, then you'll want 'you're a naughty, naughty boy, and that's concentrated evil coming out the back of you'.

family guuuuyyyyyy

This is what I've found:
Int.: Anders Friden is credited in the production notes. What role did he play in the recording of My Arms, Your Hearse?
The Almighty: He helped us out a bit, pushing REC and PLAY! He didn't contribute to anything else, really! He is a good friend of ours, and a good drinking partner. We just felt that everyone involved in the album deserved to be credited in the booklet.
Int.: My Arms, Your Hearse was originally advertised for release months earlier as Everything Dies... You realize how evil I consider Candlelight for torturing me like that? What caused the delay? Why the name change? Any truth to the rumor that is was because HATE PLOW was set to release their wretched piece of shit Everybody Dies near the same time and you didn't want people to confuse the two?
The Almighty: I saw an episode of the X-files, one of which was called Everything Dies, and I loved it, and I wanted the title for our new album. I broke the news to Lee of Candlelight, and he didn't like it! I was like "OK", I'll find another title. When I came up with MAYH he had apparently changed his mind, and I got the information that the ads for the album already were done. Shit! Well, we are used to that. The advertised Morningrise as Nectar at first, so it wasn't such a big deal for us, really. Actually, MAYH was taken from a lyric line by an obscure UK prog-act called COMUS.
(int's quote<I can NOT believe I have sullied an OPETH interview by mentioning HATE PLOW. Sorry.>)
The Almighty: I heard of that as well, and it made me more positive about my decision. Don't know about the band though. No worries, mate!

Hope that helps, Moonlapse.
\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-