EVH 5150 III (Loop FX issue?)

Jevil

Pro Evolution Fucker
Apr 18, 2006
Basque Country
www.soulitude-web.com
So I purchased an EVH5150III. I pluged my old Rocktron Intellifex in the FX Loop.
I realized that there is almost no signal in the Input meter of the Rocktron. It should be near the yellow zone but it hardly flashes the first green led...and the INPUT knob in the Rocktron is at MAX!!!
The FX works but I feel like the signal is so low that I have to turn up de output of the Rocktron to match the same volume level as the amp with FX off, and therefore more noise will be coming.

With my Engl savage the volume of the channel was the level of the fx send gain, so I could turn it up until the Rocktron's input hit the yellowe lights and turn the master down if I needed.

A- Is the FXloop of the EVH sending a weak signal?
B- Is the Rocktron a device that requires too much signal?
C- Do they talk different impedance languages?
D-Any solution?

Is the FX Loop actually engaged?

I don't know shit about the 5150 III, but I have some serious issues with my 5150's FX Loop. And the fact that there's no switch to turn on/off the FX loop aside from the pedal is fucking retarded, IMO. I've had problems where, the loop got engaged and cut a significant amount of volume between recording sessions...somehow, someway....when there was never a pedal footswitch into it. It threw us for a loop for about an hour until I finally plugged in the footswitch and hit the Loop button and all was well again.

I use a pod hd500 with the same head 4cm and it sends a plenty strong signal. I'd look for a bad cord or maybe a global setting issue on the rocktron.