Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo Test

Behind

Sep 3, 2008
There are a lot of people asking about this combo so here is an intensive test I made some days ago covering all the channels, fx loop and tubescreamer.

Green Channel 00:06
Green Channel + FX Loop Activated 00:25
Green Channel + Crunch Mode 00:50
Green Channel + Crunch Mode + Fx Loop Activated 01:15
Red Channel 1:43
Red Channel + Fx Loop Activated 02:08
Green Channel + Tubescreamer 02:38
Green Channel + Tubescreamer + FX Loop Activated 03:00
Green Channel + Crunch Mode + Tubescreamer 03:20
Green Channel + Crunch Mode + Tubescreamer + Fx Loop Activated 03:50
Red Channel + Tubescreamer 4:20
Red Channel + Tubescreamer + Fx Loop Activated 04:53

Technical information:

· Signal chain: ESP VIPER (EMG81 bridge position) - Tubescreamer (gain: 0; tone: half; level: full) - 6505+ 112 (volume on 1)

· The sound was captured with an SM57 on axis at 0,5 inches from the grid connected to the mic input of a Line 6 TONE PORT UX1

· The miced signal was processed in a DAW with a low shelf of -5dB at 250Hz and a slight compression to even the levels of palm muted and open chords

NOTE: to activate the FX Loop, I used only a patch cable as a bridge between the send and return jacks of the FX Loop

Last edited by a moderator:
Great video dude. I am starting to prefer the combo versus the head recently, you can really get it going at lower volumes.

Thanks dude. I haven't tried the head yet but I like combo a lot. The only problem I find with it is the red channel when the fx loop is activated -too many bees going on. The volume is ok, I play it at home and no one has complained.

Awesome man, nice to see some soundtests of it miced. I don't have any SM57s for mine atm but will be getting soon, so nice to hear that it sounds good! Is it the stock sheffield speaker?

Yes, it's the sheffield and I'm not changing it at least by now. I like its sound very much actually.

I wouldn't say hum in this case but that fizzy sound of gain above 11 or pedals like metal zone for example. If you focus on that sound while playing, it's really annoying