Audio switcher (Voodoo Lab?)

Oct 22, 2007
I'm in the middle of getting shopping list for my rack set up sorted. After a summer of saving i should have some cash by mid-august. As everyone knows, the clean tone on the 5150 sucks ass. I use the green channel as my main distortion channel.

I want a piece of gear that allows me to have a tubescreamer and the preamp of my 5150 in one loop, the preamp of my hughes and kettner (solid state so no hot plate or anything needed) or something pod related set to a clean model in another loop. An FX unit (either a G Major or Quadraverb) in a third loop and all of that going into the FX return of the 5150 and so going through that power amp.

Now the Voodoo Lab GCX looks like it does everything i need it to. I think it can also be used to change channels on the 5150 too, which is cool. But it seems pricey. It also says that it needs to be used only with the voodoo lab midi floorboard but i think that might be similar to boss pedals saying that they can only be used with a boss power supply?

Is there something that does everything i need it to but isn't as expensive? Or does anyone know if this unit just generally blows and isn't worth me getting one

yeah, can you switch the gcx with any midi controller, this is a very good question being i just ordered a fcb1010(behringer)