EVILE: 'Infected Nations' First-Week Sales Revealed(USA)

"Infected Nations", the sophomore album from British thrashers EVILE, sold around 460 copies in the United States in its first week of release, according to Nielsen SoundScan. (Note: Internet/digital sales **ARE** included in the SoundScan totals.) The CD landed at position No. 132 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=127959
:OMG:

well when the boys get thier scrawney british asses over here i expect album sales will be more significant for the third album.

I'm tryin to spread the word as much as I possibly can, but its hard with no metal friends :\

If I could say something

With all the bands that I have more or less seen from the early stages, they tend to make it big, for example I saw Opeth play in the Cathouse in Glasgow in 2001 I think where Archenemy & Therion were on the bill, I love Opeth and Archenemy and both bands co-headlined the Barrowlands last year and Anathema were making for a name for themselves before their label dropped them and even Anathema are noted as a good band

I believe that I am a good luck omen and I also strongly believe Evile will get the reconigition that they deserve and sales will pick up

I am also a strong believer that the 3rd album will make or break this band and I am confident enough to say that Evile will do it

Have faith, what is for you won't go by you

Do you need to ask????

SLAYER are a great example, Reign in blood made them, extreme on the other hand made a third album that killed them, I am sure there are many other examples you could use

It was a rhetorical question. third albums always make or break these bands.

If I could say something

With all the bands that I have more or less seen from the early stages, they tend to make it big, for example I saw Opeth play in the Cathouse in Glasgow in 2001 I think where Archenemy & Therion were on the bill, I love Opeth and Archenemy and both bands co-headlined the Barrowlands last year and Anathema were making for a name for themselves before their label dropped them and even Anathema are noted as a good band

I believe that I am a good luck omen and I also strongly believe Evile will get the reconigition that they deserve and sales will pick up

I am also a strong believer that the 3rd album will make or break this band and I am confident enough to say that Evile will do it

Have faith, what is for you won't go by you

With the exception of "recognition" and the band names I could not find a single spelling mistake.

Evile will be on the road to becoming a bigger band after they tour the US.

Oh come on guys, they beat metal church's new record's first day sales, doesn't that count for something!

Or did they? I think they might have had 4000 not 400

regardless, you can't really do much about that now lol

Welcome to the North American Metal scene....

It's a fact that Metal music is not as big here, it's very hard for bands to make it on this side of the pond. There are many reasons for them:
  1. Metal was all but decimated in the 90's, so the genre is not really on the scene here, especially media wise
  2. Is it possible that music is more Downloaded (Pirate) here?
  3. Europe has always been more musically aware and diverse (any music genre)
  4. Only the biggest metal bands really make it here, and generally have a huge following in Europe with the hype
  5. Some N.A. buy there music online or buy the special or Jap edition which I don't believe that they are necessarily accounted for in the Sales Stats
I've done my part.