First Infected Nations Review

Oh thank god I'm not the only one! :lol:

Yeah... It's hard to explain but when I first heard Armoured Assault on the myspace I was like "OH DAMN BRO, MUST HEAR MORE" but I don't get that vibe at all from this album, I found myself just listening to it not enjoying it. There are some awesome riffs to be had that made me think "DAMN BRO" but not a full song.

Here comes the B word, I found it boring at points, the vocals sound weird and different from ETG, is there some kind of effect added on to it? It doesn't sound so natural. The songs didn't sound that much different from each other, I can't tell my "Time no more" from my "Devoid of thought"s. I couldn't tell you about the last two songs because I couldn't be bothered to be honest and there was Blind Guardian to be had instead...

Having said that it's obviously a very good album and I'm sure people will love it, I imagine it'll be a grower for most. But... I'll stick with Enter The Grave, which is one of my favourite albums EVER. Sorry guys. :erk:

I can hear the rustling of pitch forks and torches already. :lol:

mob-angry.gif

I had the same reaction to armoured assault. I think the reason you had such huge reaction to it was that ETG was the album that we had been waiting to come out for a few years at that point. for years we had nothing, and then suddenly we got evile, closely followed by the rest of the 21st C thrashers.
now we're not going from nothing to evile in 60 seconds. were going from ETG, citizen brain, Total War, Waking into Nightmares, and a slew of other albums to Infected Nations. while still a great album, the contrast isn't as stark.

Matt, it has to be said that you are what Matt Tuck from BFMV wishes he could be.

probably not. he plays to 5000 capacity sold out venues, has a signature guitar, sold A LOT of albums.......

and i..... don't, and haven't haha. anyway, so far the reviews have been positive which i'm happy with, the true test will be to see how many people turn up to the headline shows next year... oops.

probably not. he plays to 5000 capacity sold out venues, has a signature guitar, sold A LOT of albums.......

and i..... don't, and haven't haha. anyway, so far the reviews have been positive which i'm happy with, the true test will be to see how many people turn up to the headline shows next year... oops.

He may be more successful in those aspects, but he struggles to write a thrash album that really goes for the jugular, unlike yourself :headbang:

Headline shows next year eh? Should be awesome (You know you want to get my band a support slot!!! :heh:)

Hate to inform you Matt, But Hospital of Death just kciked Infected Nations off the throne of 'Best thrash album of 2009'. Only just, but they did. Sorry </3

Seriously though, there are just small peeves I have with Infected Nations that really shouldn't even register. The only problem is that it fucking ends!

I haven't downloaded the album. I've decided from now on, after downloaded loads of albums (namely nearly all Metallica and Megadeth ones plus Pantera) that whenever a new album comes out I will buy the CD. I bought ETG and intend on buying this one and as soon as I can find a job and get regular money I'm going to but most of the albums I've downloaded.

Anyhoo on the subject of BFMV would it be wrong or odd to say that I credit them with getting me into metal?

Anyhoo on the subject of BFMV would it be wrong or odd to say that I credit them with getting me into metal?

Well, it depends if you actually still like them. Afterall, it doesn't matter if your tastes are considered wrong by other people, all that matters is if you actually like them. Personally, I dislike them as they produce a weak, diluted interpretation of thrash metal that just doesn't cut it with me.

I don't listen to them that much anymore but it has nothing to do with other people's opinions it's to do with the fact that I've heard better music. Bands like Evile and Megadeth did to BFMV what BFMV did to blink182 for me. They made their predecessors seem boring. That said I still fire up Tears Don't Fall from time to time to mix it up a bit. they were also the first band I saw live so I'll still listen to them sometimes.

The constant comparisons to Slayer in the reviews get annoying lol

Evile have ability and talent, unfortunately the songwriting for Infected Nations relegates them down a notch from many of their US compatriots.

Who? Are we talking current bands like Machine Head (not really thrash) or Exodus and Slayer?

Oh and I've ust pre-ordered the CD+DVD edition of the album throuh Amazon UK :D See, told you I'd fucking buy it! *is proud*

Now I'm going to fuck off to rehearsal,someone post tits for when I get back

its alright ive got the cd, got one from feemo at bloodstock, must give it a go this weekend.

you wont be disappointed with the dvd, its way better than the first, me singing out of tune doing the demos before i had lessons haha, mike cavorting with stormtroopers, ols magnificent solo bloopers.... good family fun.