Ex- Edge of Sanity/Pan-Thy-Monium member resurfaces...

great news, because Solar Dawn is one of the best young band from Sweden:D

Originally posted by TDOT
gotta get their new disc

Yeah, I have it coming to me in the mail from The End Records. I downloaded the song "Deicidal Beliefs" and was fucking blown away! Kinda like a combination of old In Flames, Hypocrisy and Opeth, with some clean vocals thrown in every now and then. Great stuff! Hope the rest of the CD is as good...

buy both Unmoored album. it's band of vocalist Solar Dawn and for me plays much better death metal... like a something between Edge OF Sanity and Hypocrisy

I tried looking for some Unmoored samples on Audiogalaxy, but I am forbidden access to them. They must have copyright protection or something. I couldn't download any off their website either. Guess I'll keep looking, because by your description, they sound like a killer band...

For a long story on this, check this:

Recording Industry Association of America, National Music Publishers’ Association Reach Settlement with Audiogalaxy.com

New York, NY, June 17, 2002 – The recording industry, music publishers and songwriters announced today that they have reached an out-of-court settlement with Audiogalaxy.com, the Napster-like clone, which requires Audiogalaxy to stop the infringement of copyrighted works on their peer-to-peer network.

The agreement follows a lawsuit filed in late May accusing Audiogalaxy of facilitating and encouraging widespread copyright infringement – a last resort step after repeated efforts to warn the firm of their liability were ignored or resulted in ineffective attempts to fix the problem. The suit was brought by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), on behalf of its member labels, and the National Music Publishers’ Association (NMPA), on behalf of the music publisher principals of its licensing affiliate, The Harry Fox Agency, Inc.

The settlement reached would allow Audiogalaxy to operate a "filter-in" system, which requires that for any music available, the songwriter, music publisher, and/or recording company must first consent to the use and sharing of the work. The other key provision of the agreement is for Audiogalaxy to pay the music publishers and recording industry a substantial sum based on Audiogalaxy's assets and interest in resolving this case quickly.

"We are pleased to settle this case quickly. This is a victory for everyone who cares about protecting the value of music," said Hilary Rosen, Chairman and CEO of the RIAA. "This should serve as a wake-up call to the other networks that facilitate unauthorized copying. The responsibility for implementing systems that allow for the authorized use of copyrighted works rests squarely on the shoulders of the peer-to-peer network."

"The message is clear – there is no place on the Internet for services that exploit creators' work without fair compensation," added Edward P. Murphy, President and CEO, NMPA. "Such services hurt creators and hurt the legitimate Internet businesses that wish to comply with the law and compensate the creators. The swift resolution of this matter is thus a double victory that creators and legitimate Internet businesses should join in hailing."

Also, Record Industry Wants Royalties for Used CDs

I have come to the conclusion that the music industry must be ruled by organized crime because everything they do is a shakedown.

One of the most prominent examples is for the industry to distort the notion of you buy a CD by claiming that all this time you have been only renting it. That is a lie, but one the lobbyists and lawyers for the industry will chant in unison as they enter the courts and the legislature to contort the fair use laws to their fiscal advantage.

The latest example came across my monitor from the San Diego Union Tribune. Used CD sales have been skyrocketing over the last few years and the record industry doesn't like it. The reason is that they don't get a cut of the action. They shouldn't, they made their money on the CD already and, once sold, that disc became what the legal community calls chattel, i/e a possession that can be re-sold, traded, lent, or given away by its owner.

According to the Tribune the record industry is considering charging used CD retailers a royalty for every CD they resell. That falls in line with the "rent" theory Big Music wishes to push on consumers. You can't resell that CD because you don't own it. Therefore, they are entitled to additional rent once it leaves your hand and goes to another.

No, I didn´t type all that myself.