Ex-Warrant Singer Jani Lane DEAD AT 47

Sad news indeed...I'm actually a little surprised at the coverage this story has received today. I might have to go back and revisit DED...it's probably been 15 years since I've heard anything from it!

~Brian~

Damn! First Mac and now Jani! What a terrible week for singers. That does indeed suck. I think I may still have a Warrent album around here somewhere. Will have to dig it out.

Listening to 'Stronger Now' from the Ultraphobic CD..... Amazing stuff. One of the songs that really show cased Jani. At least I can say that I had the pleasure of seeing him perform with Warrant about 5/6 times. RIP......

I've always enjoyed hearing the stories of how "Cherry Pie" was written in 15 minutes, and the Record Execs forced the name change of the album... Warrant was a great example of the excesses of the industry, and may explain WHY grunge took off like it did.

Here it is. One of the greatest music interviews ever. So genuine at the end.

Despite being a big Warrant fan, I have *never* heard Dog Eat Dog. Wow, time to pick it up apparently!

RIP, Jani. The guy had a gift for writing music. Even his solo stuff was very catchy.

Revisiting Mr. Rainmaker - my fav Warrant song - right now :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's an interesting view on the reaction to Jani's death.... http://lita77777.posterous.com/65342769

"Jani hasn't been a "star" since the heydays of Warrant. For the most part, people have been making fun of him, just like they still do with for instance Poison or other "uncool" bands. It's not until they're not around anymore, that suddenly all the mockers and bullies start crying about how terrible it is that a person died way before his time."