OT Jani Lane dead at 47

Uncle Tom's Cabin, Mr. Rainmaker, and the entire Dog Eat Dog album...great shit. I don't do drugs but man this makes me want to take better care of myself. Very sad.

Is indeed very sad. Shame that the general public will remember him `as that Cherry Pie guy' - a song he despised - great to see people on here recognising his great song writing talent.

RIP Jani.

Absolutely, great songwriter indeed. Dog Eat Dog and Cherry Pie - title track aside - are superb records. Saw them at Thebarton back in 90/91(?) and they were great.

RIP

Jani Lane acoustic solo. Worth a watch:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEXPx8bFpag&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Unfortunately, people tend to forget that they're not 20 anymore. All that shit being drunk, snored and shot, all those sleepless nights spent partying... I'm very proud of our boys not being silly abusers, well - except that guy who didn't know where to take crap. Hopefully, Joey is off being a big time on the bottle.
RIP, Jani.

Is indeed very sad. Shame that the general public will remember him `as that Cherry Pie guy' - a song he despised - great to see people on here recognising his great song writing talent.

Indeed. It's amazing how probably a year's worth of work to create an amazing album gets overshadowed by a 15 minute throwaway song the record label wanted at the last second. So many incredible songs on that album. Here's the video - one of the best and most honest music interviews you'll see:

RIP Jani. Thanks for writing a lot of incredible music.

Last edited by a moderator:
An incredible song, it's shame when image overshadows the greatness of bands, that's the fucking record labels. I loved this back in the day and still do great song and great riff.

Last edited by a moderator: