OT Jani Lane dead at 47

Janie later came out and retracted those statements, saying he was in a bad mood and just didn't want to do the interview, but I'm a big believer that, when you unload like he did, it's usually the truth coming out.

Agreed. Once the interview came out I'm sure the people interested in the Warrant product said "Look, you have to come out and disavow those comments. That's the #1 song from the band! Fans love it." I'm guessing his retraction was under duress.

Warrant was better than people gave them credit for. The track "The Bitter Pill" is still epic when I hear it. Also, Jani's lyrics were more thought out and introspective than most of the other glam-metal bands at the time, you could really hear him laying it out for the audience (Cherry Pie the exception of course).

R.I.P. Jani.

This guy was a great talent! I'm missing those days, yes I know glam got nothing to do with thrash, but I miss all that, was a great time in my life...His legacy will last for ages.

Agreed. Once the interview came out I'm sure the people interested in the Warrant product said "Look, you have to come out and disavow those comments. That's the #1 song from the band! Fans love it." I'm guessing his retraction was under duress.

I dont think he really hated the song but the point he was making was that he really thought the record was strong anyways which i agree with,cherry pie is justa great rock song,up there with the best