sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Exciter-New Testament 2004

Osmose Productions

The End Records

www.osmoseproductions.com/
www.theendrecords.com/
4-exciter-@sympatico.ca

Shame on me! For what you might ask? Well, for not having kept up with Exciter. I had heard some of their material back in the day, at that point in my life I had written them off as "just another metal band." I was blinded by the glam rock era of the 80's. Well, we all know what happened to that, right? And Exciter has kept rollin' now a quarter century into their career, they elected to re-record 15 of their biggest slabs of molten metal! Probably as a way to reintroduce themselves to the fans of the past & also to school the newbies. And boy did they school me. For an indie release the production is top notch, you get the in your face bottom end bass & the jack hammering drums & surgically precise guitar riffs. Jacques Belanger has got it covered in the vocal department, there's nothing but Heavy Metal in the voice piercing through the speakers. Exciter continues to be a no frills metal band, they could have easily leaned more towards the glam or the commercial end of things & gotten success in the States, much like their Cunuck counterparts Helix achieved. Exciter chose to do things their way, by not compromising their sound & selling themselves short. Which makes this collection of underground classics, that much more valuable to their legacy. I couldn't tell you which track is my favorite off this record. They are all classics, they are all metal & they will all clean your clock clean! I have been listening to this disc for the last week & a half & can say this, I will be revisiting their previous efforts & will anxiously await their next studio record. When a band takes it's name from a Judas Priest track... How metal is that?

SIXXSWINE-\m/
The Music:
Rising the Dead-:worship:
Violence & Force-:worship:
Rule with an Iron Fist-:worship:
Pain & Terror-:worship:
Brutal Warning-:p
Victims of Sacrifice-:worship:
The Dark Command-:worship:
I Am the Beast-:worship:
Pounding Metal-:worship:
Stand Up & Fight-:p