Exodus-Tempo of the Damned 2004

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Exodus-Tempo of the Damned 2004

Nuclear Blast

www.nuclearblast.de/

www.exodusattack.com/

It has finally arrived, the latest record by the Bay Area’s most underrated thrash band, Exodus. I have been waiting for this record for sometime now, but a lot has happened, Paul Baloff has since succumbed to complications from a stroke in 2002. With that kind of a loss, I was waiting for the news, that the reformation of the band would be put on hold indefinitely. Exodus pushed forward enlisting former singer Steve Souza, to complete the record, a move that I was thrilled to hear about. This "Zetro" disc has something that the two major label discs didn’t, chemistry & discipline in the musicianship department. The H-Team play like they are in their prime & the rhythm section plays fast & tight. Zetro’s style is much like that of Brian Johnson of AC/DC, unmatched & only gets better with age. This record is pure unadulterated thrash metal from start to finish, probably the most pure example of the genre in the last 10 years. This record will please both the Old School & the Nu School, a jaw dropping shred fest that will keep you wiping your chin in between tracks. So you ask, "why didn’t Exodus put this record out a decade ago?" Well that’s simple, they had to go through the ups & downs to get where they are now. Welcome back Exodus, I’m certain Paul would approve.

Ruben M. A.k.A. "Sixxswine"

The Music:

Scar Spangled Banner-:worship:

War is My Sheppard-:worship:

Blacklist-:worship:

Shroud of Urine-:worship:

Forward March-:worship:

Culling the Herd-:worship:

Sealed with a Fist-:worship:

Throwing Down-:worship:

Impaler-:worship:

Tempo of the Damned-:worship:

© 2004 by Damage, Inc.​
*This is A Fan Submission

Right on Ruben ...

What a great record it is !!!
Great production, the "H" team has never sounded better, Zetro is supper pissed ... amen ... listen to BLACKLIST for proof! :)

All you little fags that think Arch Enemy, At the Gates, The Haunted, Dew Scented are the be all and end all to thrash.

All I have to say is ... bow down to the true originators ... they are back and they are pissed.

Their best release since Bonded by Blood!!!! Serious crunch on this one ...

Truely a modern day classic!

Buy or Die! ... Hell .. buy two copies:worship:

006 That was a most excellent review!!!! I have to completely agree with everything you wrote "Tempo...." is definetlly the absolute best example of thrash in the last 10 years for sure! and this is coming from a guy that isnt a big Exodus fan so it says alot ...... \m/ Rock on Bro! \m/

Very good review! Tempo should not be missed by anyone who loves music, period.

I Love This Album! Steve's Voice Sounds Like A Mix Between Blitz & Udo Once I Got This Album I Couldnt Stop Listeing To It's Mighty Thrashy Sound Is Addictive..

One of the best albums of 2004. Great review. The kings of thrash have returned and they are here to stay.....thank god!!!!

My friends,

I'm new to this forum and I know I'm running the risk of getting the crap kicked out of me here but I totally dislike this album.

I've never liked Souza's vocals for one. For two the guitar riffs are nowhere near as fast as in BBB and the lyrics are infantile.

This is not the "return of thrash" as it has been billed. Pure thrash died in the early 90's. We all know that. The stuff that bands like Exodus, Overkill, Testament, etc. are coming out with now is something else. It's not always that bad, but it isn't pure thrash.

When are people just going to admit that to themselves?

Captain_Steel said:
When are people just going to admit that to themselves?
It's just opinion.

And I do agree with you that an amount of the lyrics are poor, but hey, it's still a decent record.