Warrior -The Wars of Gods & Men 2004

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Warrior-The Wars of Gods & Men 2004
Reality Entertainment

Warrior have returned with a new record & a new vocalist, the record’s title is “The Wars of Gods & Men.” This time around Joe Floyd has enlisted the help of Marc Storace former singer for the band Krokus. I was curious how the final product would turn out, being a mere casual fan of the previous incarnation of Warrior & Krokus. I am amazed how this band came from out of nowhere & constructed one of the best power metal records of 2004. After listening to this disc, I have to say that Joe Floyd has to be metal’s best kept secret, his catchy riffs & guitar chords are hypnotic. All around this is a strong outing for Warrior. Marc Storace’s voice has aged well & can still belt out the notes like he did in his previous band. This band buries all it’s contemporaries & they should take notice, they’ll get an education on how a classic record in this genre should be written & recorded. There is a modernization to the sound on this record, but by no means have they sold their integrity & gone Nu-Metal. This is a record that both fans of modern metal & heavy metal purists can enjoy. While this record won’t be flying off the shelves, given
the current state of metal in North America, I
guarantee this is soon to be an underground classic. No frills, no gimmicks, just the essentials needed to make a superior slab of metal.
Somewhere right, now the gods are smiling...
Sixxswine-

Personnel-
Marc Storace-Vocals
Joe Floyd-Guitar
Rob Farr-Bass
Dave Ducey-Drums
The Music-
1.) The Wars of Gods & Men-:worship:
2.) Do It Now-:worship:
3.) Never Live Your Life Again-:worship:
4.) Salvation-:worship:
5.) Three A.M. Eternal