Krokus-Fire & Gasoline 2004

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Krokus-Fire & Gasoline Live! 2004
Reality Entertainment

www.reality-entertainment.com/

www.krokusonline.com/

KROKUS_banner.gif

What can be said about live records, that hasn’t been said already? Usually, they are a way for a band to full fill their obligations to their current label & then shop around for another contract. They are polished, so much, that they sound more like a studio record than a live event.
With Fire & Gasoline, I don’t get that going through the motions, feeling at all, in fact it’s a fabulous record. I like what the game plan is here for a comeback. A great collection of material from the band’s 25 year career, recorded live & raw. This record differs from the band’s last live record, “Alive & Screamin',” that was one of those records that was slick & the energy just was not there. This record however, is energetic, captures a band having one hell of a time live on stage. Marc Storace has lost very little of his Bon Scott influenced snarl & still tears into the classic Krokus tracks like he did over a decade ago. Marc & Fernando Von Arb are the only two members returning to the fold for this current line up, the good news is that they got a solid supporting cast to back them up & you wouldn’t know they were new additions by listening. Fire & Gasoline is a great introduction to the band for the new fans, but it’s also a great rediscovery to the old fans. The record also features tracks from the upcoming release “Rock the Block,” which I can’t wait to hear. I highly recommend this disc, for a live record, it’s one of the strongest efforts I have heard in a while. They are a bit older, possibly wiser & grayer, but they still have the ability to capture what they do well onto disc.

SIXXSWINE-