Dan Lorenzo-Cassuis King 2004

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Dan Lorenzo-Cassius King 2004

Independently Released

Cassius King is a very diverse record, there’s something in this disc for metal fans of all genres. There’s straight out metal tracks, there’s material that leans more to the hard-core direction, there’s novelty songs & yes, there’s even a country track! Big Country, the country twangy track, is reminiscent of something I heard on HEE HAW as a kid. And, though, it probably a song that was written as a “joke,” I quite like it. While, I’m not fan of country music, I find this song, memorable, catchy & borderline, guilty pleasure. This being Dan’s official first solo outing, will surprise, it’s not one-dimensional. This could be both a pro & a con. I think on of the positives, is definitely the style of songs that he is able to write, he’s not locked into one particular genre & not a one trick pony. Did I mention that he sings on this record? And he does so efficiently. The con could be that some might perceive this record as a “goof” & not take it for what it is. This is a fun record, from the covers, Hotter than Hell, Round & Round, to the novelty tracks, Kiss Off, Dan Zing Hates X-Mas, Four More Years/U.S.A., BS & Big Country, the feeling comes across loud & clear. Overall, a very good effort, that should be experienced by fans of the heavy stuff.
Also, there’s a special something that Dan included at the end of the disc. I won’t spoil it for those that don’t have the record. It’s truly something that’s unselfish & also brilliant that should be embraced by the major or established labels. You can pick up the record, at this time through Lorenzo’s website. He’s currently working on a new record, that I will be anxiously waiting.

SIXXSWINE

www.danlorenzo.net/

*note this is a fan submission
Content Copyright ©2004 Damage, Inc.