Exciter?

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
I got this email regarding Clam's band...
Sounds pretty cool to me...
Clammy, you mothercunucker!
SIXXSWINE-\m/
Hello,

Just a heads up. I have sent out the new Exciter record, which you should be recieving in the near future. Please take a moment to give it a spin our two. If you need contact info for interviews or features, please let me know, as I will be setting them up shortly. Thanks for everything.

Canadian Metal trio EXCITER, founded in Ontario in 1979 and almost certainly named after the infamous show opening Judas Priest track, made their presence known with some gut crunching Metal blessed by the raucous vocals of drummer Dan Beehler. EXCITER first got noticed courtesy of their ‘Heavy Metal Maniac’ demo which quickly led to a deal. Creating some unique albums and touring with high profile bands, i.e. Accept, they got nicknamed the Iron Maiden of Canada.

And now after over 25 years they get back to together and re-record 15 of their top songs. They are also hitting the road in the summer among headlining festivals, including the June Metalfest in Texas!

Jacob H. Christ

THE END RECORDS

Heheh... yeah, that's way cool! We've gotten TONS of interview requests. There's magazines, webzines, websites, and radio. Since I'm the new guy, and have only been in the band for a few months, the rest of the guys have been taking care of those. So far all the reviews have been very positive. I really like this CD. It was recorded just before I joined, so unfortunately (for me) I don't appear on it. I'll be on the next one though! :devil:

We have North American distro, through The End Records for this CD, which is awesome!! If you wanted to buy "The Dark Command" or "Blood Of Tyrants" here in our home town of Ottawa, you'd have to pay import prices, which is around $30.00Cdn!! This one will be available for the regular price of a CD... and that's a GOOD thing!

I hope you dig it, Sixx!

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Clammy said:
Heheh... yeah, that's way cool! We've gotten TONS of interview requests. There's magazines, webzines, websites, and radio. Since I'm the new guy, and have only been in the band for a few months, the rest of the guys have been taking care of those. So far all the reviews have been very positive. I really like this CD. It was recorded just before I joined, so unfortunately (for me) I don't appear on it. I'll be on the next one though! :devil:

We have North American distro, through The End Records for this CD, which is awesome!! If you wanted to buy "The Dark Command" or "Blood Of Tyrants" here in our home town of Ottawa, you'd have to pay import prices, which is around $30.00Cdn!! This one will be available for the regular price of a CD... and that's a GOOD thing!

I hope you dig it, Sixx!

Cheers!
I'll be honest here, I know very little about the band & have heard a handful of tracks...
I will nothing but honest, I will post my review & you can let me know what you think. From what I have heard, it sounds like it should be a good one.
SIXXSWINE-\m/

:kickass:

sixxswine said:
I'll be honest here, I know very little about the band & have heard a handful of tracks...
I will nothing but honest, I will post my review & you can let me know what you think. From what I have heard, it sounds like it should be a good one.
SIXXSWINE-\m/

:kickass:

Honest is the only way to go with a review, man! Let me know when and where I can see it.

Thanks!

Cheers!

sixxswine said:

Six, do yourself a big favor and pick up copies of the first 2 albums (Heavy Metal Maniac and Violence And Force). Some of the later albums are also good but the first 2 are classics!!

The new album sounds interesting, will have to grab a copy.

Clammy, have you guys started writing new songs for the next album yet?

Greeno said:
Six, do yourself a big favor and pick up copies of the first 2 albums (Heavy Metal Maniac and Violence And Force). Some of the later albums are also good but the first 2 are classics!!

Yeah, we have a couple of new tunes in the works... so far, so good!! I'm digging em!! :devil:

Cheers!

Greeno said:

Greeno, I'll take your word for it & will write those titles down.
Thanks for the Tip...:D
Clammy, I will post a link to the review, bro.:heh:

Unveiling The Wicked and Long Live The Loud were my two favs. I had them on tape back in the day and I wore those fuckers out. I checked on ebay to see if I could replace them for cheap, but amazingly after all these years, they're still going for almost new price. That shows you the power of these albums and it's good to see that they're still in demand!

I still have to convert them, though. :(

None of the early Exciter albums have been officially released on CD. Any CDs before Kill After Kill (1992) are bootlegs, or unauthorized releases. One of the reasons for recording "The New Testament" was because those early albums aren't available.

Cheers!

Clammy said:
None of the early Exciter albums have been officially released on CD. Any CDs before Kill After Kill (1992) are bootlegs, or unauthorized releases. One of the reasons for recording "The New Testament" was because those early albums aren't available.

Does the band own the rights to the albums? It would be great if the could re-release them in a nice package with liner notes and bonus stuff. I've got copies of all of the early albums on cd (the boots you were talking about) but the inserts are kinda cheap. Still it's nice to have them on disc. If they were ever officially released I would buy them!

Greeno said:
Does the band own the rights to the albums? It would be great if the could re-release them in a nice package with liner notes and bonus stuff. I've got copies of all of the early albums on cd (the boots you were talking about) but the inserts are kinda cheap. Still it's nice to have them on disc. If they were ever officially released I would buy them!

The legal stuff is kind of a mystery to me. I do know the band has basically been told "sue us" with regards to the early albums. My guess is we could probably successfully sue each label, but the up front cost is just too much... pretty fucking sad, eh? There are people making money off those early records, and we don't see a dime of it.

Maybe one day... who knows.

Cheers!

Psychonaut said:
Yeah, that would be sweet if you guys could re-release them. I dn't want to pay that much for a bootleg. I may as well download them since you're not getting a dime anyway. Why pad the pockets of the bootleggers?

Go for it!

If you're into the early records, check out the new CD it has 9 updated/re-recorded tracks from the first 3 records, 1 off "Kill After Kill", and 5 off the last 2 studio CDs.

Click the banner below for a track listing, and there's 1 downloadable song - "Violence And Force"

Cheers!

Psychonaut said:
Yeah, that would be sweet if you guys could re-release them. I dn't want to pay that much for a bootleg. I may as well download them since you're not getting a dime anyway. Why pad the pockets of the bootleggers?
I had no idea until after I acquired LONG LIVE THE LOUD (through some faceless vendor @ GEMM.COM, I'm pretty sure) that it was a boot. It is the highest quality bootleg I've ever scene, but I figured due to the total lack of release information on the inserts that it wasn't official. It's a pressed CD with glossy clay-paper, full-colour inserts, so it's not a cheap job. (oh, and the most important part is that it does sound like it was mastered from a clean source, and well done) Also, I only paid normal used CD price for it. Good to have that, but it does suck that the band doesn't see any part of the proceeds. I guess now I really DO have to buy the new disc.. lol It would be a nice addition to sit next to OTT & LONG LIVE THE LOUD.

Clammy said:
Click the banner below for a track listing, and there's 1 downloadable song - "Violence And Force"

NICE!!! One of my favorite Exciter songs! Sounds great.

Greeno said:
Damn right, they were speed/thrash Metal pioneers at the time!