EXHORDER - what a great fuckin´song!!!

I recommend Kreator (coma of souls), the second album from Exodus (pleasures of the flesh) and Slayer (Hell awaits). If you like Exhorder, you will certainly like also this

Nice, will check them out. Slayer I have heard a million times but Kreator not so much and Exodus the same.
Thanks! :kickass:

I dont think its stealing, but they damn sure did get their sound from Exhorder.
But thats how music works, you hear something and get inspired by it.

I agree with that. "Stealing" is a hard word. The word Inspiration I like a lot more in this case. And I´m a great Dimebag fan. R.i.p. Pantera gave the sound a more polished, modern touch.

But I think, it´s important to give much appreciation to Exhorder.They fuckin ´deserve it :kickass:

Yeah, this whole stealing debate is as stale as sun-dried milk. Inspired, fine, stealing? It's music! OK, bands are accused of stealing riffs and what not, but we're talking about a style. I think it's more like picking something up and innovating it for yourself.

Hey ZebCahan, you might want to add Testament, Sepultura (early 90's era), Vio-lence, Anthrax, Heathen, Forbidden, Dark Angel and Metallica's early albums to your list. They might not all tickle your fancy but if you YouTube these bands you can find many RELATED videos to find what you're looking for as there are too many awesome thrash bands out there which are very obscure :) :headbang:

I find the new Exodus and Kretor stuff awesome as well after checking them out. Testaments "The gathering" is one of my fave records aswell as Sepulturas "Arise".
One thing that I think is cool is that even though they have been playing for 20+ years, they havent changed their sound as much as you would think.
They just keep plowing forward in the same vein. (With better studiosound, tightness and maybe not so rough).
A big :kickass: for that.
As for example Metallica have totally changed their style as we all know.

Yeah, this whole stealing debate is as stale as sun-dried milk. Inspired, fine, stealing? It's music! OK, bands are accused of stealing riffs and what not, but we're talking about a style. I think it's more like picking something up and innovating it for yourself.

Hey ZebCahan, you might want to add Testament, Sepultura (early 90's era), Vio-lence, Anthrax, Heathen, Forbidden, Dark Angel and Metallica's early albums to your list. They might not all tickle your fancy but if you YouTube these bands you can find many RELATED videos to find what you're looking for as there are too many awesome thrash bands out there which are very obscure :) :headbang:

+ 1000 to all you´ve written.

Sepulturas "Arise".

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

I never saw ´em live with Max :cry:

I never saw ´em live with Max

Thats to bad, neither did I.
It feels like the air went out of Sepultura when he left.
I remember watching them for the first time on MTV when I was around 11 and totally freaked out!
So I ran and bought "Arise" and sat in my room all nights long, playing airdrums. :lol:

I have the live DVD from Arise and occasionally pick it out and watch it.
Still playing aidrums by the way! :p

i loved it......still have slaughter in the vatican and the law on vynil
Thrash is in my blood

love kreator´s coma of souls but i like even more the extreme aggression album

as for sepultura to those who didn´t witness the masssive force they were, check out thei're a live gig at barcelona...somewhere back in 1990´s

It feels like the air went out of Sepultura when he left.

Absolutely! Unfortunately! The greatest Dissapointment for me personally in my whole Metalfan´s live..(more than all Metallica dissapointments together). And I was never the biggest Soulfly fan..this shit begans with "Roots". It was the beginning of the end. I wanted thrash - no experimental shit!! But time has healed those wounds.

I remember watching them for the first time on MTV when I was around 11 and totally freaked out!
So I ran and bought "Arise" and sat in my room all nights long, playing airdrums. :lol:

Hahaha same like me, I think I was the greatest Sepultura Fanboy as a small fucker :D Arise & Chaos A.D absolutely was very significant for me. And today, 16 years later, I sometimes still discover typical Sepultura elements in my style of songwriting for my band. Pure Influence!

i loved it......still have slaughter in the vatican and the law on vynil

You lucky man! I checked Amazon..no Exhorder Vinyls. Damn :-( I forgot the ebay password..haha double damn.