exhumed - anatomy is destiny

sorceron

ken
Jul 20, 2005
nyc
www.myspace.com
ive admired the sound of this record for its super heavy raw sound for a long time now. ive always wondered a few things...

what was used for guitars? i know they use 5150 live but i wonder.

how loud were the vocalists when doing vocals? meaning are they generally softer in the room or fairly loud.

what was used for leads?

Hmm... some tough questions young Jedi. Let me see what I can remember.

<scratches head>

Rhythm gtrs were done by Mike Beams. We used a Mesa Boogie poweramp. I want to say it was a Strategy 300 or 500. Preamp...wow..I might have to email Matt to find out what was used. Same goes for Matt's lead stuff. I can't remember exactly what he used, but Marshall sounds right. I'll have to get back to you on that. Loads of gain either way...

I'm not really sure what you mean by the vocalist volume. There were three, in the mix it's Matt in the middle, Beams on the left and Bud on the right. They all recorded their vocal parts separately and the arrangements were done by Matt who I believe wrote all the lyrics.

yea i guess i didnt clarify on the volume thing. i guess what i meant was some death metal vocalists growl louder into the mics then others. for some reason i was curious about this factor for the center vocals. ha yea weird question.

thanks for answering though. if you ever find out what was used let me know.

thanks neil

btw just did a session with kowalksi tonight too, fun stuff.