Exodus to open for Sum 41.

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
The following news report is from Blabbermouth.net:

Veteran Bay Area thrashers EXODUS will be opening for pop-punkers SUM 41 at Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco on Sunday, Dec. 1.

EXODUS, who are currently preparing to record their first studio album of new material since 1992's "Force of Habit", were personally invited by the Canadian group to join them at the sold-out gig, which will see the two bands performing in front of a capacity crowd of 350.

SUM 41's upcoming appearance with EXODUS comes on the heels of the group's collaboration with SLAYER guitarist Kerry King on a video for "What We're All About", a remixed version of the track that originally appeared on the group's "Half Hour Of Power" CD.

What do you guys think about the legendary bay area metallers Exodus opening for Sum 41? I for one am not into it one bit.

My first impression was ''What The Hell?:eek: '' but thinking about it, it's only a concert no big deal, it's pretty Odd though.

I don't think it's a particularly bad thing... it's fairly common knowledge that the members of Sum 41 are all into old-school thrash and heavy metal as well as punk stuff, and if they're exposing young punk audiences to some good old-school heaviness, then it can only be good, can't it?

Wait..that's not really true, is it? If it is, then good god..that's some funny shit right there. I'd pay money just to see the looks on all the teenyboppers' faces when Exodus goes on stage. "Like, OMG, they're scary!" Hell, I'd even laugh if they "accidentally" got shoved into pits.

Why anyone would wanna tour with a band that only performs every song from one album (making the set sound like a cd stuck on shuffle mode) is beyond me. But oh well...

It's all good.Exodus will blow Sum 41 of the fuck'n stage and the crowd will be dumbfounded.It's all good publicity for Exodus i guess.But yes...It should be the other way round....but either fuck'n way really.

you found this out on blabbermouth.net, im not sure what the site is about but surely this is just a load of crap...isnt it?, i find it very hard to believe that exodus would play along side sum41?...hmmm well it doesnt bother me to much to be honest if they did!

Nope..it's a known fact that none of them will search for more metal (unless they already listen to some of the stuff to begin with). How do I know? Not only have I (unfortunately) gone to see Sum41 before (outta pure boredom), but I have spent way too much time around those that actually adore that rip-off-of-Blink182 crap and have noticed that they all share the same close-minded behavior (especially my bitch of a roommate). Exodus will only spook the shit outta 'em...heh.

Personally I don't think Sum41s crowd will 'get' Exodus. It seems pointless, I can't see a bunch of 12 year old Sum41 fans going out and buying Exodus CDs just because of this.

Yes, all those pop punk fans will never get out of pop punk. That's why I used to call Blink 182 my favorite band and now it's My Dying Bride. And that's why three of my friends now listen to things like Meshuggah and God Forbid when they used to listen to Nickelback and Sum 41. Yes, that's a very good fact you shared with us XprettylushX. You do know that most the pop punk fans don't listen to metal because most metal fans are asses to them right? Why listen to the music of someone that mocks you?

*Walks off mumbling*

And I can't forget my second favorite bands Bloodbath and Dark Tranquility.

Uhh..ok. I listen to a lot of pop-punk, actually. Blink-182 is still one of my favorite bands. I'm just talking about most teenage (and a few college-aged) GIRLS that listen to this stuff. I know quite a few that call anything outside the realm of mainstream pop-punk to be "noise". And anything that sounds remotely metal is considered to be "scary" or "weird" (and you're considered odd if you listen to the stuff). Hell, I even know guys that think in the same manner. Their tastes won't change in an instant.

Also, there are quite a few pop-punk fans that are asses to metal fans too.