Exporting audio for someone else to mix??

doclegion

Contagious Destruction
Dec 31, 2006
I know about exporting wav. files
but when i want someone else to mix my song, do i really gotta export every single track solo to do this??
I mean there has gotta be an easier way engineers communicate
I dont see andy sneap sitting there for weeks exporting all the audio to seperate files
I was thinking about copying the project file but will cubase file work with every other program out there (protools,nuendo,etc.etc.)..
any help thanks

create an empty audio region at the beginning and end of each track

make sure the name of the track is the name you want the file to have

highlight the entire track

audio -> bounce

replace selection

media -> remove unused media

media -> empty trash

confirm delete

Now, in your audio folder, you will have all of the tracks starting and ending at the same time (otherwise known as consolidated).

audio -> bounce

replace selection

media -> empty trash

confirm delete

Now, in your audio folder, you will have all of the tracks starting and ending at the same time (otherwise known as consolidated).

Or just use Reaper and File -> Consolidate/Export tracks :rolleyes:

I know about exporting wav. files
but when i want someone else to mix my song, do i really gotta export every single track solo to do this??
I mean there has gotta be an easier way engineers communicate
I dont see andy sneap sitting there for weeks exporting all the audio to seperate files
I was thinking about copying the project file but will cubase file work with every other program out there (protools,nuendo,etc.etc.)..
any help thanks

because it takes 5 seconds in pro tools
shift+enter
alt+shif+3
shift+apple+k

question regarding protools here,
If I consolidate all my tracks from zero, will these consolidated files go into the audio files folder automatically?, I don't have protools at home but they do have it in college so I can't check right now,

question regarding protools here,
If I consolidate all my tracks from zero, will these consolidated files go into the audio files folder automatically?, I don't have protools at home but they do have it in college so I can't check right now,

yes, but your better off doing 'export regions as files' apple+shift +k and choosing a folder to put them in, much easier to keep on top f things this way

audio -> bounce

replace selection

media -> empty trash

confirm delete

Followed directions...cant find the track..does it save as a song or do i gotta find each track???

It places the consolidated files in the project folder, inside a folder called Audio (ie. x:\Song\Audio\, where Song is the folder with the file Song.cpr). If you had a new name for the track, say, you recorded gtr2.wav and named the actual track Guitar2, it will be called Guitar2.wav. If there already is a file called that in use, Cubase will increment a number at the end, Guitar2-01.wav on the first time, 02, 03 etc.

Oh and you cannot consolidate midi tracks (VST instruments). Those you do have to solo and export separately.