extension cab!

Class of '85

metallic obsessive
Sep 13, 2004
left side of your screen
I was given two brand new Carvin GS12-75-16 speakers and I'm going to build a 2x12, does anyone have experience/opinions regarding Carvin speakers?. I'm going to be using a Peavey Bandit 112 (2004) amp.

Class of '85 said:
I was given two brand new Carvin GS12-75-16 speakers and I'm going to build a 2x12, does anyone have experience/opinions regarding Carvin speakers?. I'm going to be using a Peavey Bandit 112 (2004) amp.
I am familiar with Peavey and Celestion speakers..... not with Carvin, but I can help you with impedence matching and cabinet design. Unfortunately, though I am a guitarist, my cabinet building is mostly PA though... I have only built one cabinet voiced for guitar, but I will give you what little knowledge I have on the subject if you want it.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I am familiar with Peavey and Celestion speakers..... not with Carvin, but I can help you with impedence matching and cabinet design. Unfortunately, though I am a guitarist, my cabinet building is mostly PA though... I have only built one cabinet voiced for guitar, but I will give you what little knowledge I have on the subject if you want it.

Bryant
Thanks, actually I have all the materials/wiring already figured out, but I'm really curious about how these speakers will sound at bedroom levels with regard to high frequency response and hard-clipping. They are very close in design to Celestion Vin30's, and will end up at 8ohms and 150watts combined. I may end up swapping out the Sheffield 1230 in my Bandit(too bassy) if these sound better.