Extreme Interest in Swano

L0bster said:
haven't heard the other albums though, and I think you already got that one

That's a shame. I was lucky to complete the discog last week. If you have MSN, Soulseek, or AIM, I would be glad to send them to you, and anyone who's interested. :Spin:

Has anybody heard of "Wintercure" album from 1992? I have heard only one song "Feardrop" and it is really great. Anybody has the full album?

I wish I could like Edge Of Sanity more, I really dig the music, but I've never been a fan of death metal style vocals regardless of who's doing them, I just don't like the style, I would rather hear a black metal shriek or scream (sorry, don't eat me alive :cry: ). As far as I can tell right now Nightingale is my favorite Swano band, I've yet to hear Unicorn though, so my opinion still might change.

Nightingale is a lot better than Unicorn, although Unicorn is a great rock band too, just lacks the aura of 'bad-ass' Nightingale's first four have. Actually, Invisible is like a hard-rock version of Unicorn, sorta..?

For some Dan stuff with black metal vocals, try Diabolical Masquerade, it's not Dan on vocals or songwriting (Blakkie from Katatonia handles though) but Dan plays most excellent drums, and contributes a few vocal lines (HATER). Awesome.

But yeah. Nightingale is probably the best band Dan's been involved. Though, the upcoming Second Sky might change that fact? ;)