extreme metal compilations

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
this is a 2 part post.

1) do you guys buy compilations? what ones do you like and what do you like about em? my personaly favorites are the century media comps and the awakening (females in extreme metal *boing*)

2)would you be interested in a comp featuring the best of the extreme metal bands from northern california? home of bands like exhumed, severed savior, psypheria, impaled, and vile.

please please PLEASE give me your thoughts and your opinions, i think my motivation is obvious
~gR~

I buy compilations a lot. That's how I usually find out about bands. About the ones I like... hmm. I like compilations that cover more than just one (sub)genre, like the Pit samplers.

Yes. I'd definitely buy that since Exhumed and Impaled are constantly occupying my cd tray.

Yes, I really like compilations!! I think that The Awakening: Females in Extreme Music sampler is a neat idea but I don't actually care for any of the bands... is that a series, by chance, or just one disc?
My favorites are In The Shadow Of Death: A Scandanavian Extreme Metal Comp. (Endtime Prod.), Beauty In Darkness, and the ProgPowerUSAIII Sampler. I also like the compilations put out by Rowe Productions and the samplers from CrossRhythms (now "BlastBeats").. I like variety of styles on albums that feature a particular genre... I guess it just comes down to whether or not I see any bands I like, or if I think I might enjoy the project.

Extreme bands from northern California?? Sure... I need more American metal in my collection!!

~Sh0k~

I'm getting the Resident Evil soundtrack FREE for subscribing to Metal Hammer! Yay! (not) Was it a mistake? (otherwise, no, I don't.....where does one find such compilations?)

Yeah...i'm a bit of a compilation freak.I usually buy the ones that are cheap but if there is alot of bands on one that i want to chek out i'll fork out the extra dosh.I used to hail the Century Media comp's but the started putting to much Power Metal shit on them for my liking.My fav's would be the Victory records samplers.But my all time favs are the Trial And Error comp that i have filled with vicious metalcore bands and the almighty Relapse Contaminated 2 comp.Easily the best one i have.2 disks with around 30 tracks on each.Now thats value for dollar.