Eyefear to play Rock Out Festival

ImprintedLife

Arriving Somewhere.....
Feb 1, 2006
Warilla, Australia
LORDI, GIRLSCHOOL and SCARLET SINS are the first confirmed bands for the Rock Out Festival, a new Australian hard rock/heavy metal event set to take place in April. According to a posting on the SCARLET SINS web site, the festival will take place on the following dates:

April 10-12 - Queensland Raceway, Ipswich (Brisbane)
April 17-19 - Parramatta Stadium, Parramatta
April 24-26 - Calder Park Raceway, Keilor (Melbourne)

The Brisbane and Melbourne venues will have camping facilities on-site — including three-day festival passes — so fans can experience a European style musical journey without leaving the heart of the action.

A ticket pre-sale begins on March 2 at Ticketek. Tickets go on sale to the general public on March 4.

Acts include Lordi, Girlschool, Diamond Head, Fixer, Scarlet Sins, The Radiators, Mortal Sin, Vanishing Point, INK, Double Dragon, Lord, Eyefear, The Amenta, Earth with more international and local acts to be announced shortly.

Does anyone have any details on this fest??

The first I heard of it was on blabbermouth today, Feb 26, with a handful of bands announced (only a few biggish-type international acts eg Lordi, Girlschool & Diamond Head assuming it is THE Diamond Head and not someone by the same name). No BIG names as such but I'd still go and see Lordi again.

But Google knows nothing about this supposed event. It's as if it doesn't exist. Then you think about the fact that this is supposed to being held in April - give them the benefit and say it's the end of April that's still just 2mths away and tickets to go on sale a meer 4-6 weeks out.

There appears to be no website for this event. There are some domain names that were bought in Jan that could be for the event but nothing is up and running yet. The venues know very little about the supposed event - one admits it is on but knows nothing else, and the others don't even list them as events coming up.

Having been to several European 3 day festivals, I've been waiting for someone to finally do it here. But the point of a weekend like that is to hang around and see some up-and-comers, some biggish bands, and then some massive headliners. I can't see them pulling some massive metal names like Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slipknot or the likes out headline the 3 nights given that it's less than 2mths away. Which means that it's likely to be an expensive 3 day festival for minor bands. And all the big names have either played (BDO) or are playing (Soundwave, V etc) festivals that were announced a year in advance not a measly 2mths.

So if anyone knows any more about this supposed festival then feel free to pass on the details. I'm hoping that it turns out to be a massive event but given the lack of organisation so far I won't be holding my breath.

:headbang: :headbang:

This gets dodgier by the day. Now Ticketek are saying that the Sydney venue is "to be confirmed". Yesterday it was listed as Parramatta Stadium. I emailled them yesterday asking if they had any info but didn't get a reply. Me thinks nothing was ever confirmed and me asking them about it has led them to tell anyone who is saying that it's confirmed to stop saying so.

Similar to Soundwave where even when tix were on sale, the Syd venue was still to be confirmed. How can these organisers not have a venue confirmed when announcing such a big event.

I'm really not holding my breath on this even happening. It's all too dodgy.

Do you ever give up Kiwi? how many forums do you troll? Same post word for word on so many.... Join date all the same time....

I am aston from Blade Promotions. email ME at the address on my website, or use the contact details freely available to anyone that does any research that you say you have. You can even call me if you look hard enough.

I have nothing to hide...yet i see you spaming this crap on so many forums.

Get your facts right....people can judge for themselves if they want...

www.rockoutfestivals.com.au

Yeah i know, some people think the website is crap...well, we are more concerned about WHAT we are putting on, and helping the bands that are playing than anything else.

Im only responding to this because your diatibe on fasterlouder had already been taken down it seems.

Id appreciate if the admins here would do the same.

If you want information -or need to ask questions go to the right sources...

contact@bladepromotions.com.au if you wish to talk about the organisational aspects

contact@rockoutfestivals.com.au if its rock out specific

or just read it on the website.

Ticketek DO check who they deal with by the way, its the most trusted ticketing agency in the country....

I look forward to reading the same crap on 17826 forums....

who ever you are kiwiaudiophile, i once more suggest you desist in spamming forums, as you are coming close to slander.

Blade promotions;

How many people are you catering for at these events? I presume you've done the calculations for security, catering, toilets, etc so you have a good idea on how many thousand people will be there?

I'm asking because the bands you have listed so far only play clubs. Girlschool and Diamond Head play to less than 100 people in the UK.

Why did Lord pull out? Why did Lordi pull out?

You are asking us to spend on some big ticket prices for an event that, so far, looks to be a complete sham. Frankly, it does not seem like you know what you are doing mate.

who ever you are kiwiaudiophile, i once more suggest you desist in spamming forums, as you are coming close to slander.[/QUOTE]

I agree !!!! Like they say don't judge a book from it's cover.
I will also add that the guy's from Blade Promotions have been very professional with the way things have been conducted with EYEFEAR. They have dealt with our managment directly and i have had nothing but positive feed back. I am sure most of you know that our managment not only run some of the biggest festivals around the world but also deal with all the major feativals. Lets cut the crap and get behind the guys. This could lead to an annual event which can only get bigger every year.
Let's support the scene not destroy it with negativity. Here is you chance to check out some of Australia's best bands on the one stage

This really does not add up! How can fans have confidence in a major event when so many of the basics are left unanswered. These are reasonable questions being asked bearing in mind the very high ticket price and the bands announced. Below is from promoters Myspace - just leaves me scratching my head even more!

I have noticed alot of negativity regarding Rock Out Festival on various forums. Mostly reposts by the same people/person. Whilst some of it i can understand, pays to be skeptical in todays society, the amount of misinformation people have issued was surprising.
Some claiming to have talked to the organisers (which of course i know is definately not true) and making assumptions on events (and details of those were and should remain "in confidence") is disappointing.
Could we have had a better lead up? Absolutely. Was it all OUR fault? Well, people will assume what they want, but i can enlighten some issues. The Venue of Parramatta stadium was planned, we had great support from the people there, however very late into arrangements (including staging, security, staffing, catering) the Local Council and NSW Police L.A.C. placed to many restrictions to make the venue feasible for us to use. They let us waste alot of time, however, thats how it goes, and we moved on. So that explains Parramatta. It was never premature, it was planned, it was out of our control in the end and a difficult decision had to be made.
I could go on about other delays etc that any and every company can face when working on a major project, but i dont see the point, and definately have better things to be doing.
To those that support the event, i thank you, for those that wish to spread false information, please be aware that if you are not careful you may end up crossing some legal boundaries (and not just where we are concerned).
Comments and Criticisms, Suggestions and Offers are welcome, provided they are done in an appropriate fashion.
Regards
Aston - Blade Promotions & Management

A few people have asked why LORD pulled out. The official line from us is that when we received the final contract from Blade Promotions, we found some of the details unfortunately unworkable for us, and that combined with the same concerns we have as many of you about the short amount of time to promote the show in order to make it a success, we chose to withdraw from the festival.

We do however wish Blade Promotions much success with the festival and hope that Eyefear and all of the other bands on the bill have a fantastic time and get a great response, regardless of LORD's decision not to take part.

Why was Lord announced before the band received a contract?

For these prices fans expect some BIG names like Metallica, Iron Maiden, etc. Where are those big bands?

The website is godawful, there is NO advertising!! Everything is still "tba". What the hell is going on?

3 days of camping for a few club bands???

Has anyone here bought a ticket?

Top effort getting a spot on the festival guys. Hopefully the festival goes along smoothly for Eyefear

I'm very optimistic about this festival, I'll do the best I can to support it...even though some may say it wont even get off the ground. Well, Blade Promotions have come this far...lets see how far they can go with this.

Cheers,

It's a shame the guys from Lord won't be their. Was looking forward to not only watching the guy's perform but catching up also.

Now, i just want to also add one more thing that i feel personally needs to be said. Call me arrogant call me what you want but i am not only talking about Eyefear, but alo Black Majesty, Lord etc.
It amazes me to some extent how many local metal heads under estimate the quality of the OZ bands. Some people really need to head overseas and check out the amazing following and responses some of these bands get. You will be quite suprised. Having all these great bands on the one bill should be a good enough reason to attend. Labelling OZ bands as pub bands is a bit of an insult (not having a go at you personally just using this comment as an eg) considering most OZ bands now are being invited and are playing some of the biggest metal festivals around the world. If you don't support the local scene we won't have a scene. :headbang:

I absolutely do agree about Aus metal bands being up there with the best in the world and I do absolutely agree that people should get out there and support them whenever they can. Maiden proved there's thousands of metalheads in this country that would enjoy most of the stuff that our local talent can do, and you typically see 10 times the amount of people going to an international guest than a local band.

But the reality is this: people know they can see LORD or Eyefear or Vanishing Point or Darker Half or whatever at a local gig for $15 somewhere. Why would they pay heaps of cash to see bands they can see elsewhere for cheaper? If you had a choice of paying $150 to get an album when you know in a week you could wander into a shop up the road and get exactly the same thing for $15, what would you do? Even if by buying that album it may help promote independent music stores and help the scene? (If you did answer "yes, I would spend the $150", then consider yourself the absolute minority of not just the metal scene but the music scene at large in this country).

The other reality is this: unless people know stuff is happening they won't go. I'm sorry Aston, but this is one of the biggest concerns that LORD and most other people who have been criticising the event have had so far - you may be dropping stuff around on forums and on Blabbermouth and things like that, but with a month to go with this event happening, unless you can capture the imagination of the general public you'll find that no one will A: know about it or B: give a shit about it. Have a look at Metal For The Brain for example, that was the most well known metal event of each year and every metalhead wanted to go to it at least once. The most people they ever got was around 3000 people I believe (probably less). If you market to metal fans only in this country, that's all you'll get.

Now a disclaimer to the last thing, bands like Iron Maiden are bigger than just the metal scene. They're a force unto themselves, plus they had months and months of big budget advertising to promote the show. If you look at a band like Priest that should have gotten the same kind of metal crowd, they pulled only a fraction of what Maiden had and they still had months of advertising behind their show.

For an event that's spread over 3 days in 3 cities for the bands on the bill, regardless of how massive Twisted Sister is in Europe, how cult Diamond Head and Girlschool are, and how good our local talent is, you'd need a Metallica or an Iron Maiden with months of promotion to get the same kind of crowds as Maiden did when they played here last, which was around 15,000 per show. In fact, Maiden had 15,000 on their first Sydney show, then around 13,000 the next night, and I'd expect that to have been even less if there was a third night. And this is with massive promotion and a huge mainstream crossover appeal, which none of the bands on this festival have in 2009.

Let me put my hand up and say I would love to see something like this take off, and big kudos to anyone taking the initiative to try and get this off the ground, but seriously, the odds are stacked very high against this thing taking off. No mainstream crossover, bands who aren't as big as a Metallica or Maiden (even Megadeth wouldn't have the pulling power to make this happen), a bunch of excellent local bands that people are able to see for a fraction of the cost elsewhere, and most importantly a festival that has had hardly any promotion in the metal scene where the numbers will be limited, let alone the mainstream media, and it being far too close to the even to really pull this off now.... Can we see where I'm going with this?

I think that's the main concern most people have. It's not about dissing the scene or not getting behind anyone really wanting to make a go of it - far from it - I think most of the naysayers are seeing a potentially great idea falling apart and missing a big opportunity to promote our music scene. And depending on how badly it falls apart, it could damage future attempts to do this kind of thing.

Again, let me say that I do hope this works, and I do wish Blade Promotions and all of the bands on the bill every success - I honestly mean that - but I also honestly can't see how this thing is even slightly viable at this stage. My advice would be to call the whole thing off, spend the next 6 months to a year promoting it, and go again in less ambitious venues. THAT has the potential of working and starting something amazing that has longevity.

Have you seen the ticket prices on Ticketek???!!

3 Day Pass w / - Camping (sold in pairs) $572.00

Yes, you read that right!

Aston, it is not just one person who is far-from-positive about the way you've been organising this. There are very many.

This is precocious and, to be honest, a bit of a fantasy, the kind of thing that shouldn't ever get past a drunken conversation in the pub.

Wacken in Australia? 3 days of metal and camping and partying? This is not Germany, our laws and culture are completely different. Damn straight the police laughed you all the way out the door, and for you to blame delays on them is a copout (pardon the pun).

i once more suggest you desist in spamming forums, as you are coming close to slander.

Aston said:
if you are not careful you may end up crossing some legal boundaries (and not just where we are concerned).

We are your potential customers - I don't think its a good move to go around threatening us. And come on, cut the tough legal talk like "desist" and "slander". Noone here is a lawyer and you can't sue people for being mean about your festival (I openly invite you to try to sue me, if you think I'm wrong).

If you have nothing to hide, why are you arguing on the internet with anyone who says something you don't like? That is what worries me most right now - if this festival was solid, the people behind it would let its stature and success speak for itself.

It is really cool that you're being open to comments and contact and I hope in future you can make some more successful tours/etc happen, as with Edguy, but baby steps, dude. I think you may have taken a bit too much on your plate.

P.S. Eyefear are mad! :headbang:

Totally agree with what you are saying Tim !!!!!
Really do mate. Very valid points. I can also understand that people are a bit cheesed off with the price of tickets too. Especially with the economy the way it is. Don't get me wrong guys all i am trying to do is put a bit of a positive spin to the whole thing. As a fan of the scene not as a musician i would like to see it take off and get bigger and better every year.

I'd like money to grow on the tree in my backyard, but its not going to happen.

It all comes down to money. Money makes things happen, and this fest is NOT financially viable. Its as simple as that. It is not possible to make enough from ticket sales to cover costs. Not even CLOSE. Simple. Its a bad business model.

I think the best thing for everyone is if the promoters cut their losses, call it off now, apologise to the bands, agencies, etc, and just be honest to them that it was too ambitious a venture.