Eyes Of Medusa (Live) Keys Question

nothijngrad

New Metal Member
Sep 11, 2006
Hello, I'm new to this forum so apologies if a similar thread has been posted. I own a Triton LE and I'm trying to play The Eyes Of Medusa (using the live version from Live On The Ege Of Reason as reference) at the moment.

First of all, does anyone have any suggestions as to what kind of piano sound is he playing in that keyboard break before the first verse? I've gone for an Electric Grand sound, with some strings and a bell sound (octave higher), both very quietly, and it seems quite close one I ramp up the reverb! :)

Secondly, in that same keyboard break, is he playing that one handed or with two? At the moment I'm playing the melody, which starts on B, with my RH and the lower B and the E with my left, and similarly when it all shifts down a semitone. It sounds ok, but I'd like to know what Pinella does live.

Thanks!

JR

Unfortunately, there aren't any live videos I've seen of that song, so I have no clue about Pinnella.

The patch sounds like a piano + some kind of chorus sound. I'm not a keyboardist, but I can play that part on keys. I play it like you do (two hands).

Its probably a customised sound. Sounds a bit like a xylophone, so maybe an extension of something like that.

As for the 2 hands thing, I would just use 2 unless u needed 1 for something else, OR unless u want to look pro. I always want to look pro when I play keys so I try to use 1 hand whenever possible.

My outlook on these things is that it doesnt really matter too much in these situations, nor does it matter if its exactly right. If you end up doing a cover at a gig or something then it would probably be cool if u changed it up a tad anyway. Personally, I would rather nail a song playing it MY way, then that leaves a whole heap of time for other more important stuff :).