• Alcest

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Novembre

Votes: 23 60.5%

• Total voters

BlueSky

New Metal Member
Apr 27, 2006
Battle of the imitator (Alcest) vs. the originator (Novembre).

So "Écailles de Lune" is pretty niffty, but it ain't topping "Materia" for me.

Novembre it is.

yeah ithink it is a weird faceoff, but its easily alcest for me, souveniers d'un autre monde is amaazing, and now ecailles du lune....great album, i really warmed up to him including BM in it, now i love the album

novembre are boring to me, but ive only heard the blue or whatever, and a couple songs off materia

How has Novembre gone down hill since Materia? They've only had one album since. The only thing that really went down hill on The Blue were the production values. The Blue has some decent songs, but the overall sound is very muddy.

Regardless, I choose Novembre over Alcest.

Novembre, they have a much bigger discography and therefore many more songs I love, and I've been listening to them for 15 years so there is some attachment there. Novembrine Waltz has some simply amazing material, as do Classica, The Blue, Materia, and Dreams D' Azur. Alcest are quite good as well though.

How has Novembre gone down hill since Materia? They've only had one album since. The only thing that really went down hill on The Blue were the production values. The Blue has some decent songs, but the overall sound is very muddy.

What. The. Fuck?

I prefer Novembre, by FAR.
Dream's d'Azur is amazing, and I really like Classica and Novembrine Waltz too.
I really dislike Materia and The Blue. Singer is kind of constantly whining throughout the songs.
Old songs like Swim Seagul in the Sky, Onirica East and The Music are masterpieces imo

Also, I don't really see how anyone could compare these bands, and I certainly wouldn't call Novembre the originator, and Alcest the imitator.
Very different in terms of riffing (especially older stuff), song structure, general atmosphere,etc