Facebook = mediocre

poundingmetal74

Demons Will Fly
Oct 18, 2004
Canada, eh
www.finalstage.ca
Well, I'll admit it, I've been herded like a sheep into the next internet fad, facebook. You'd be amazed what peer pressure can lead one to do: drink, smoke dope, eat at McDonalds, and now this. After hearing for weeks about how I should get this and why it's a billion times better than myspace, my line of defense to stay loyal to Mr. Murdoch crumbled like the Berlin Wall.

After a day of using this, I can't find this anymore appealing than myspace. Gone are the varying colors of one's page, their favorite bands and 40 videos of themsleves crying in the corner. Here instead are tons of bullet points on their page telling me exactly who they've just added, who their friends are and exactly where they live. Not to worry about pedaphiles though, because, as my friend who got me onto facebook said, "It's just for your close friends, not strangers".

WRONG.

Facebook was made as an alternative to myspace to cut the corporate bullshit that clutters myspace; where one could have just their close friends be a part of them and not 400 other people you've never met asking you to listen to their latest song. It was made so each page looks the same - stale and boring - and that way you could find out exactly what that person is up. Ironically, the first thing that happened was several people I DON'T KNOW add me.

The one thing I miss is the ability to post your favorite song of the week on your page for others to listen to or the ability to plaster videos of yourself to make your page seem INTERESTING. Let's hope this internet fad dies quicker than Anna Nicole Smith's trial about where she'll be burried.

If you too have been herded in, add me up:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=574000730

I kinda of understand your rant :D. But I like MySpace, have some silly interchange of messages, vent my frustration on the blogs, enhance my ego putting pictures of myself and waste job time by doing it (which is cool).

NP: Space Odyssey - 'Dark Wings Of The Universe'