Fake double track guitar test

Some of you guys must not like recording eh? I can't see myself ever tracking like this but I guess it might come in handy for clients who send you single track di projects...

It´s a good way to have a preview of a section, without having to record everything perfectly wasting a lot of time. Works for guide tracks, a demo, preview of what will be.

Some of you guys must not like recording eh? I can't see myself ever tracking like this but I guess it might come in handy for clients who send you single track di projects...

Even in those situations I'll use trick by slicing riffs using alternate riff cycle order on 2nd track.
Complicated riff isn't excuse for not recording double. If you can play it once you can play it twice. If you say there will be unwanted alteration... than you simply suck at playing your parts.

If you want to fake double take live, than use that delay (I'd still use 7-12 ms, because I don't like that flam transient) and use something like chorus/ vibrato on double (slightly) on signal chain start just to change performance.

It sounds alright for what you're playing, but try the same setup with fast Iced Earth gallops. Ten bucks says it turns to mush.

I've been seeing attempts at this for years and still can't wrap my head around why. Just wait for Toontrack's EZRiff, which I'm sure isn't too far away.

Or just do what nezvers said. As long as the riff repeats at least once, you can copy/paste an authentic double-track for yourself.

I've been seeing attempts at this for years and still can't wrap my head around why. Just wait for Toontrack's EZRiff, which I'm sure isn't too far away.

Did you read anything from the first page?

"It´s a good way to have a preview of a section, without having to record everything perfectly wasting a lot of time. Works for guide tracks, a demo, preview of what will be."

"And again, good for demo recordings when you just want to create music and everything doesn't have to sound perfect."

" I can play with this almost double tracked sound in real time with only PodFarm.
And like you said, good for demo recordings, saves time a lot."

Did you read anything from the first page?

"It´s a good way to have a preview of a section, without having to record everything perfectly wasting a lot of time. Works for guide tracks, a demo, preview of what will be."

"And again, good for demo recordings when you just want to create music and everything doesn't have to sound perfect."

" I can play with this almost double tracked sound in real time with only PodFarm.
And like you said, good for demo recordings, saves time a lot."

If you want a good sounding demo, preview track, time saver without doing any of the work, you might as well use shreddage. If you're going to half ass, why not be the best half ass on the block?

In seriousness, I use this technique, also in POD Farm, with the same delay/panning/delay time for clean acoustic parts where I want a wide stereo spread but not the tone effects associated with doubletracking.

If you want a good sounding demo, preview track, time saver without doing any of the work, you might as well use shreddage. If you're going to half ass, why not be the best half ass on the block?

Good sounding demo with shreddage? depends a lot on the mixing skill, so it´s quite subjective. Yes it can work very well for a preview track but shreddage may be many things but not a time saver. It´s probably even faster to do quadtracking than to get some things done in a way that looks like a real player. Shreddage needs a quite few time to sound real and not only real, to sound even satisfactory. A real guitar has too many shit to be replicated well by a software.

How pressed for time do have to be that you can't play a riff twice?

To have the same riff well played 2 times doesnt mean at all that you only need to play it twice. Sometimes we need at least 7/8 takes to have just 2 good takes to use for doubletracking.

Sometimes we need at least 7/8 takes to have just 2 good takes to use for doubletracking.

I guess you need more practicing :D

Only justifying situation I see is live show if you are only guitarist or only one playing particular riff.
Or make guitar wider and not use as artificial double track.

Well that's one supermassive brainfart.

Why do you write anything to this thread, if you don't like the idea at all, or don't even try?