Falconer - "Armod"

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
I'm looking forward to their new album all sung in Swedish (yap, as you read it).

The tracklist is:

• Svarta Änkan
  • Dimmornas Drottning
  • Griftefrid
  • O, Tysta Ensamhet
  • Vid Rosornas Grav
  • Grimborg
  • Herr Peder Och Hans Syster
  • Eklundapolskan
  • Grimasch Om Morgonen
  • Fru Silfver
  • Gammal Fäbodpsalm
The artwork cover:

armod300.jpg

Comining on Metal Blade, June 3 in Europe and 7 in USA...and I'm going for it :D

Despite your, "yap, you read it write," I'll still say...."All in Swedish?"

Really that doesn't bother me much, but I do admit their songs in Swedish thus far are those I've liked the least. I'll still buy it, and it will still rule. I've wondered what has been going on with them.

Falconer is one of the best power metal (with old school influences) bands working today. Maybe the best.

Despite your, "yap, you read it write," I'll still say...."All in Swedish?"

Yes I admit they work in Swedish is not their best, but I love to listen to metal in languages I can't undestand (no, growling is not a language, ergo no death or black :tickled:) so I think a nice power/folk album from them will do for me.

I admire any metal band that sings in their own language. Even more if they are already known as band that sings in English (as Falconer is).
The posts above indicate that their Swedish songs on past albums are not their best. There may be an explanation for that. Perhaps the band saved the English lyrics for the best tracks on the album and left their Swedish lyrics for a couple of throwaway tracks that would not be missed.
As this album is all in Swedish they will definetly loose some fans but will hopefully gain more in they own country.

im a big fan of this band...except for grime vs grandeur which i thought was a pretty big let down.

ill of course check this album out...haha but as cool as it that its all in swedish, i am not a big fan of not being able to understand and sing along with songs i like. ah well