FALLOUT new vegas Soundtrack - Peggy Lee cover (fem vocals, violine, silver edition)

Felix Neumann

Sep 14, 2008
Germany
www.youtube.com
Hey my mates & Fallout fans :kickass:

I started monday to record Peggy Lee´s "Johnny Guitar" together with my sister. I hope you like it!! Here you go:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2414899/Johnny Guitar.mp3

Julia performed the vocals and played the violine. I wouldn´t say it´s completely finished, maybe some subtle elements what favors the typical Fallout atmosphere are still missing.

Feedback and suggestions for improvement are very welcome :) Tell me what you think!

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with Fallout or the original song but that was great . Your sister has an amazing voice (although I think there may be a couple of notes I would adjust) and both acoustic guitar and violins are awesome. Good job.

I'm not familiar with Fallout or the original song but that was great . Your sister has an amazing voice (although I think there may be a couple of notes I would adjust) and both acoustic guitar and violins are awesome. Good job.

Oh you should give it a try :) It´s awesome, if you like Rpgs! Thanks a lot for your feedback, Kimon. After listening to it on different systems I recognized some small tuning issues, indeed. What do you think about the mix and overall sound, is it okay in your opinion?

Holy shit this is awesome.

For some reason, I can't even remember the original from NV even though I've played it through, but I still really liked this. Great job!

ah yeah the main menu song...I know that one pretty good because my graphiccard fried and the "new" one I have doesnt support Fallout 3 /NV :lol:

Sounds really cool, love the sound of everthing mixwise!
Also Julias voice fits like a glove and sounds really nice, but I'm with Kimon, there's a couple of notes I'd adjust too.
You can argue with atmosphere and its an old song were they didn't have Autotune or recording like today...but Julia hit like 95% of the notes on spot, so the few that are a bit off seem worst then they are.

curios to hear the rest hehe

Holy shit! Superb performance man. I'm not even familiar with Fallout but this blows! Your sis has a great voice, I'm speechless. Keep up the good work. :headbang:

Reading you guy´s comments gives me such a motivation to start with the second mix! THANK YOU, my fellow sneapsters! :worship:

You can argue with atmosphere and its an old song were they didn't have Autotune or recording like today...but Julia hit like 95% of the notes on spot, so the few that are a bit off seem worst then they are.

Yeah @Mago, I agree. It´s definitively worth fixing those few tuning issues. By doing this I just found some other things to improve haha, it´s always the same :lol: And the most important lesson I´ve learned by producing this kind of soft music is....Listen quietly, Felix!!

Felix, that is fucking BRILLIANT!! Awesomely done!

@Ola, very happy you´re saying that!! :kickass: Thank you!

Holy shit! Superb performance man. I'm not even familiar with Fallout but this blows! Your sis has a great voice, I'm speechless. Keep up the good work.

Thank you very much @Djunn. Of course I´ll give further the compliments to my sister.

I could seriously listen to this song all day, it's fucking great. I'm probably gonna put this on my ipod before the day is over.

Hey dude, thank you! I´m just working on the final mix, so I´d recommend to put the final version on your ipod :)

This life I'm already married but I will marry your sister in another life.

Congrats both!

Haha responded to this in Facebook :lol: Thank you, Jevo!

Holy crap. I
7.gif
the song!
Both of you did a great job on this!