FALLOUT FANS!!! (Music project planned)

Felix Neumann

Sep 14, 2008
Germany
www.youtube.com
I haven't been able to get these songs out of my head since Fallout 3 / New Vegas. In the last time I´m listening mainly to the Fallout vegas soundtrack..and I invected A LOT of people with that nostalgic sounding music (You have no idea how much people -It was like a straw fire) So the consequence is, I´m gonna record the following songs with my sister Julia.

1. "Johnny Guitar" (Peggy Lee) FINISHED!
2. "It´s a Sin" (Eddy Arnold) CURRENTLY WORKIN´ON IT!
3. "Why don´t you do right" (Peggy Lee)
4. "I don´t want to set the world afire" (The ink spots)

So far so good...;) If someone wanna contribute anything...(maybe someone who is able to play a decent BOTTLENECK guitar or cool banjo fills, oh god this would be so much win). I start to record the rythm guitar track of Johnny Guitar tonight. It would be so cool, if some Fallout fans could contribute some stuff, so it will be a project with lot of passion.

We´ll gonna try to interpret the songs individually. I don´t have the goal to let the songs sound similar or exactly like the original. I wanna carry those precious old songs to the presence...gingerly.

Cheers! :kickass:

Awesome idea! Unfortunately my slide has been tucked away in the closet ever since I realized it actually takes some talent to use it, but in case you need some nifty mixing or mastering once the songs are done, I'm here for you! ;)

Thanks, my friend! :kickass: I appreciate it! Haha my problem is the same...I´m a bad bottleneck player. I can play some single good sounding slides, but that´s it :D

im a massive fallout fan, would be keen to help out anyway i can mate.

Sounds good, mate!

I´m gonna start with guitar tracks and vocals. After that we´ll see where the different songs will lead to. I planned to do a solid groundwork with 2 western guitar tracks and Julia´s vocals! After that is recorded, some elements can be added what favors the typical fallout atmosphere.

I'm playing through New Vegas myself right now, it's awesome for sure. Not too many newer games appeal to me, but I love exploring old buildings and shit. I do prefer the atmosphere and music of Fallout 2 though... Wish you could play that one in first person, since what I most like about the new ones is the immersion.

Oh I don´t wanna discuss the game itself or comparing each Fallout games with others, it´s all about the atmosphere and the music :) But I agree with the immersion point, it´s really intense. I´m not the epitome of THE Fallout Guru, I´m just loving the music so bad, that´s why I´m doing this :) It´s all about the wonderful music.

Hey Felix, if you come up with anything tonight I'd be up for doing some bluegrass/country fills and stuff, I could do a load of fills and you can mix and match from them :)

I can do either acoustic or DI. Whatever suits you

edit: worth mentioning that I can't play slide to save my life... I more meant just the twiddly bluegrass picking and country stuff

Hey Felix, if you come up with anything tonight I'd be up for doing some bluegrass/country fills and stuff, I could do a load of fills and you can mix and match from them :)

I can do either acoustic or DI. Whatever suits you

^ FUCK YEAH! :kickass: This is fantastic, dude! We´ll ABSOLUTELY need some bluegrass/country fill ins for "It´s a sin". We gonna start with "Johnny Guitar" today, but I can´t predict when exactly we finished a decent backingtrack. But I´ll keep you updated! :)

Also a huge fan of this music since I played the game, still loving the Fallout 3 OST.
Wish I could contribute somehow, but I doubt that any of my skills would be usefull for this :lol:

well artwork maybe if theres anything you should need :)

Big Iron is the best song in FNV

My fave is "ain´t got a kick in the head", but "Big Iron" directly followed :kickass: Though I choosed songs that fits my sister´s style. Big Iron wouldn´t be the choice number one haha.

Also a huge fan of this music since I played the game, still loving the Fallout 3 OST.
Wish I could contribute somehow, but I doubt that any of my skills would be usefull for this

well artwork maybe if theres anything you should need

Thanks Mago! :kickass: Much appreciated! I´ll contact you about possible artworks for that project.

i hope no one forgot for a second "i don't want to set the world on fire" is played at the intro of megadeth's "set the world afire" right?!

awesome song! possibly my favourite megadeth. that's what the game remineds me most of the time...

Really nifty idea for a metal forum. Good luck, Felix & co - I'm a rabid Fallout fan, but have nothing to contribute here other than support!

Haha yeah, I´m sure a country forum would be more appropriate in this case :lol: But I know, there are some passionate Fallout fans here and people who are interested in music beyond Metal...at least, I hope so :)

I just recorded vocals and a violine...should be really nice at the end!!

i hope no one forgot for a second "i don't want to set the world on fire" is played at the intro of megadeth's "set the world afire" right?!

awesome song! possibly my favourite megadeth. that's what the game remineds me most of the time...

Haha what do you think, is the reason I wanna record this song i.a? ;) HUGE Megadeth fan here :worship:

As a Fallout fan I just came in to bump and to report that I'll be following your thread. What an excellent idea! I probably can't contribute anything useful, playing only electric guitar. But if you want some leads I'll be down for it! Even though there are probably enoughs guys up here already for that in case you don't want to do them yourself.

As a Fallout fan I just came in to bump and to report that I'll be following your thread. What an excellent idea! I probably can't contribute anything useful, playing only electric guitar. But if you want some leads I'll be down for it! Even though there are probably enoughs guys up here already for that in case you don't want to do them yourself.

Thank you very, very much for the support, man! :) I´ll upload a first version of "Johnny Guitar" tonight in the rate my mix section. You can be corious, I´m very satisfied with it so far. Hopefully the Fallout fans will like it :)