False Cord/Death Growls

dekayedkonscience

New Metal Member
Jun 20, 2012
Im really into death metal, im looking to start a death metal band. I can write lyrics good, ive been writing lyrics since i was 7 years old, but i need to get good at growling. Ive been practicing false cord screaming since i was 17, im 18 now, its been a few months. I think ive improved a bit, but i want you guys to tell me what you think and or give me a few tips to being a good false cord screamer. This is a just a short little growl, maybe ill upload me growling verses later. Thanks!
http://soundcloud.com/dynomusicxd/a06-20-12-19-00/s-gJgr9

Practice more. Whenever you're "singing" a verse, exaggerate the movements of your mouth. With this I mean you should open more your mouth. It's a theatrical technique so the voice improves with fluency and diction. This will help to your growls so they can be understandable (or at least, more understandable). Also you can do the ABC with the theatrical technique, but I recommend that when someone starts to growl.

I recommend you record a verse of a song with your vocals, so you and everyone can see the state of your vocals. The link you provided doesn't really tell me if you're good or meh.

No offense! Keep practicing :)