Fans fucked again

Alex999

Sep 12, 2002
Visit site
Take a look at the new (lack of) tour dates :lol: What a big fucking joke :rolleyes:

If anyone was still left thinking Maiden have integrity...

So here's a big fuck you to Rod, and comiserations to those in the US, Mexico, Australia etc, and make sure you all write to Rod personally and tell him what you think of his money-saving schemes.

Surely that's not all of them? I'll stick to what I said in a similar topic about this.. If they don't play a show within 500 miles of me next tour then Rod and Steve will not see another penny from me.

I wish people would quit complaining, they toured all through the summer and just cos they're not playing every city in the world ever doesn't mean that they never will.

Oh give me a fucking break - they haven't toured Australia for 11 YEARS! Each year they tease Australia with prospect of a tour, and each year they bow out - it's too expensive, it's too tiring, blah blah. Yet they'll take a full production to Japan, perhaps one of the most expensive places in the world, for a handfull of shows. Why? Because they know they'll get big bucks for it. Instead of heading somewhere they can satisfy thousands of die hard fans who put more into promoting Maiden in their country than the band's own fucking label does.

Lady Vampy said:
I wish people would quit complaining, they toured all through the summer and just cos they're not playing every city in the world ever doesn't mean that they never will.
Why is it the only people saying stuff similar to the above, live within spitting distance of a gig????

OK so I didn't know they hadn't been to Australia for 11 years, it's the people from the US that piss me off complaining when they had a full tour in just about every place possible over the summer.

As for being a stone's throw from a gig, I can't go to any of the Maiden gigs next month because I don't have the money and this is the first opportunity I've ever even had to go too.

my thoughts on the subject were well documented after they pulled out of the australian leg of the Brave New World tour.

once that happened I knew there was no chance of them ever coming down here EVER again, so I'm not too suprised or upset that we're missing out this time.

My take is they say all the time that they don't want to be a "greatest hits" band yet their excuse for the lack of a US tour is they were just here doing a greatest hits tour. They say the current album is so important when they tour so why not promote it here.

Another thing, when they were doing the Gimmie Ed dates here in the US, they were talking about coming back for a full album tour next year... No More Lies indeed

Lady Vampy said:
OK so I didn't know they hadn't been to Australia for 11 years, it's the people from the US that piss me off complaining when they had a full tour in just about every place possible over the summer.

Uh no. New York and Cahleefohrnia were the only places hit excessively, and what a surprise they getting multiple shows again. I live in Washington. No gig there. To the south there is Oregon. No gig there. To the east is Idaho. No gig there. Further west is Montana. No gig there. If I wanted to see them, I had to drive across two states. I have a right to be pissed off.

Alex999 said:
Take a look at the new (lack of) tour dates :lol: What a big fucking joke :rolleyes:

If anyone was still left thinking Maiden have integrity...

So here's a big fuck you to Rod, and comiserations to those in the US, Mexico, Australia etc, and make sure you all write to Rod personally and tell him what you think of his money-saving schemes.

Yep, it is a goddamn joke. They need to retire.

BigBronco4x4 said:
Uh no. New York and Cahleefohrnia were the only places hit excessively, and what a surprise they getting multiple shows again. I live in Washington. No gig there. To the south there is Oregon. No gig there. To the east is Idaho. No gig there. Further west is Montana. No gig there. If I wanted to see them, I had to drive across two states. I have a right to be pissed off.
Did you go see them over the summer? If yes then stop complaining. Looking at the situation for the Aussies right now you have no reason to compain either cos they've got to go to a whole other country if they wanna see Maiden, never mind crossing two states.

Lady Vampy said:
Did you go see them over the summer? If yes then stop complaining. Looking at the situation for the Aussies right now you have no reason to compain either cos they've got to go to a whole other country if they wanna see Maiden, never mind crossing two states.
Bronco would've had to travel over 800 miles to see them on the summer tour, and 1,100 miles to see them on this tour. And if he wants to drive that 1,100 miles to see them this time, he'll have to drive through the mountains in the middle of the winter. I'm in the same boat, though I'm about 180 miles closer than he is. I do feel bad for Australia and all the others who are getting screwed, but that doesn't mean that we're not getting screwed as well.

The distance between New York and L.A. is about the same as between Seville, Spain and Moscow, Russia.

This tour planning really sucks. Why didn't I go 700 miles to see them in Chicago this summer? Well, I didn't really see the point in driving that far for a "Greatest Hits" show (which is ironic in and of itself, since they always talk about how they don't want to be a "Greatest Hits" band).

I suppose I could go to L.A. On the other hand, I could take that same money, buy a bigscreen, and watch RIR in the dark. I'll hire a homeless man to stand next to me and stink, while spilling beer on my new Maiden shirt.

As I posted at the maiden board....
If i sleep on the street, walk to and from the airport, don't eat drink or smoke for 3 days, don't buy a t-shirt or program at the show........... I can see them in Montreal for $791.........
That includes a minimum of three days off of work for which I would get fired.

Maiden did say they were only going to play a few "select" cities. Quebec, Montreal, NYC and LA is a few select cities imo.

I don`t think this is the "final arena tour" they were talking about either. More like a few rare shows. Maybe a "thank you" type tour to the fans who deserve one. I also think these 8 North American shows will be used for a new DVD release with a full live show of the NY dates and exerpts from Canada and LA.

I`ll be at all 4 NY shows if that is any consolation for you who can`t go!! :)