Fans of EDGUY

Daybreaker

Red, Hot, and Heavy
Jul 6, 2002
San Antonio, TX
Visit site
Hey guys, I did an interview with Tobias Sammet a few weeks back and asked him some questions about Prog Power so thats why Im posting this . The interview should go up before the festival at www.metalreviews.com but heres a teaser and some of what he said. Oh I really dont mean this to be a promotion whore its just I think the people here are like a little community and would enjoy this and anyways here it is.
NOTE: B= Ben (me) T= Tobias

B: this leads me to a question Ive been wanting to ask for awhile. I and a thousand plus people will be attending Prog Power III in Atlanta are there any special surprises for the show as its Edguys first US appearance?
T: We just wanna be good. I hope our fans dont take that as the "surprise" that would really be scary (laughs). But you know theres no special effects or anything theres no pyro allowed for those shows so we cant bring the whole Euro show to the US but its a start and I think the most important thing is the show the intensity of it and the music. Im quite optimistic about that and we just try to be really good and Im really looking forward to doing that.
-----

B: I personally would love to hear Fairytale or Arrows Fly.
T: I think weve, no... weve never played Arrows Fly live before, if we manage to rehearse before, but Fairytale you have a good chance to hear that
B: Im surprised cos Arrows Fly is one of your most popular songs amongst fans.
T: Well we'll see, Ill tell the others
B: Id probably shit myself in joy if you guys played it
T: (laughs) youll be the only one who enjoys it then. We will recognize you "hey look this is Ben he enjoys the song" "Who?" "the only one without his middle finger up in the air" (laughs)
-----

B: This leads me to another questions, ths song Avantasia was in the setlist on the Mandrake tour will any songs form part II be performed live as well?
T: We havent thought about that yet. The problem at Prog Power is I dont know how long exactly we have to play I think its about one hour.
B: Yea thats what I remember reading too
T: And in one hour you dont have so much time you dont have so much time in one hour you have one hour basically hahaa thats math. We dont know if well change it if well play another one and throw out Avantasia but we havent rehearsed anything other than Avantasia yet so I really cant say too much about it. In general I will say in the future theres nothing that really speaks against playing Avantasia material even from part II in an Edguy show as long as its not too much cos it is an Edguy show and we get more of our album sales from them so we shouldnt do too many things from Avantasia becasue EDguys the band. But I dont know what will happen at Prog Power regarding this.
B:Im thinking that the Final Sacrifice sounds like it could go doewn live without too much of a hitch cos theres minimal keyboards or orchestration it sounds like itd be just a raw in your face asskicker you know what Im saying?
t: (thouhgtfully) Yea... We could really think about it. I could ask the other guys but yea we could really think about it.
------
Alright there you go

Ben