Fans of Freddy & Queen that are secure in their masculinity (and the ladies as well):

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
If you are just a fan of the hard rock & anthem style Queen, then move along. There is nothing to here to keep your uber-hetrosexuality raging in this thread.

If you are fan of the eccentric side of Freddy along with the pop side of Queen (and perhaps a bit of George M & Elton), then you *MUST* hear this: http://myspace.com/mikamyspace (make sure you listen to "Grace Kelley").

And for those wondering, I do indeed consider myself a fan of all those influences mentioned in this thread. Let the metal neanderthals cry out in rage and narrowmindedness.

He's pretty good. Not sure on it though. Freddy is one of my favorite singers of all time. Queen being in the top 5 bands of all time for me. The Queen influence is heavy with him, and he definitely has some of the eccentricity. At times I felt like it was too much though. But this often happens when I hear an artist sounding... so close to some of his/her influences. Later, I tend to not be bothered so much by it.

Either way, I think he has a healthy career ahead of him as long as he gets the proper marketing. There is a gap in music right now for that style.

Hey, I was listening to "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" as The Lion King was running its credits, and I was just floored by how fantastic Elton's voice was. Then I thought, "Whoa, am I really admiring Elton John?!" For which I immediately followed, "Fuck it! This guy's voice is amazing." Then I listened to Blind Guardian's "The Eldar" immediately afterwards to listen to Hansi's voice :headbang: haha

Oh, and how I was watching The Lion King ... long story.

Good singer on that link, I don't care much for the songs, but will easily recognize his vocal talent. Count me in as another old, long time Queen fan!

J-Dubya

Not bad. I like Queen's music very much. What do you all think of The Darkness? I think they were Okay, and the last album "One way ticket to Hell" was not so bad.

Am I the only one who thinks a certain guitar portion near the end of Mirror, Mirror by Blind Guardian just reeks of Queen?

Thanks Glenn...that was a great link. Queen and Freddie ruled. In fact they still do. I for one appreaciate your wide range of taste. :headbang:

Very much reminded me of Freddy and Queen.

And I've been a diehard Elton fan since about 1972. Well....till about the mid 80's. I never much care for the turn he took about then..he changed styles and Bernie started writting poorly, imo. But then he hooked up with Rice and together they did some fantastic things.

Queen is one of my all time favorite bands. There is no replacing Freddy. No way, no how.

Glen, thanks for the info...........the Gace Kelley is really good. Nice find!

Harvester said:
If you are just a fan of the hard rock & anthem style Queen, then move along. There is nothing to here to keep your uber-hetrosexuality raging in this thread.

If you are fan of the eccentric side of Freddy along with the pop side of Queen (and perhaps a bit of George M & Elton), then you *MUST* hear this: http://myspace.com/mikamyspace (make sure you listen to "Grace Kelley").

And for those wondering, I do indeed consider myself a fan of all those influences mentioned in this thread. Let the metal neanderthals cry out in rage and narrowmindedness.

Freddy RIP...Excellent singer & musician

Paul Rodgers
yuck
IMO,the only tru replacement for Freddy would have been George Michaels(Listen to the timbre of his vocals,you can tell he was bigtime influenced by Freddie
I actually went to a George Michaels concert(with my X,the X I always speak of) during the Faith tour,and he covered a queen song(Somebody to Love)
Absolute perfect version