Fans of Freddy & Queen that are secure in their masculinity (and the ladies as well):

I really really like this, On top of the Queen sounds there are a lot of Rufus Wainwright qualities to the songs. As I am a big Wainwright fan, I think will pick this up. I could see myself getting addicted to this. I can't seem to find any info on if it's released or not though, is it even out in the U.S?

Coming up with an original sound while still having influences shine through is not an easy task, and this guy managed to do just that. Part of me was shocked that his music is current, it has such a nostalgic feel to it. Can't help but smile listening to his work. Impressive, especially from a song-writing/arrangement standpoint. Thanks for sharing this, Glenn! :)

I just wanted to bump up this thread since the CD was just released in the US. I picked it up at Target today for only $8.

He may take off quite fast. His song "Love Today" is featured in a Verizon commercial for some cellphone.

Paul Rodgers
yuck
IMO,the only tru replacement for Freddy would have been George Michaels(Listen to the timbre of his vocals,you can tell he was bigtime influenced by Freddie
I actually went to a George Michaels concert(with my X,the X I always speak of) during the Faith tour,and he covered a queen song(Somebody to Love)
Absolute perfect version

Bite your tongue! Nobody, AND THE ROCK MEANS NOBODY, could replace the Mercurious one!:worship: :worship: :worship: Queen should have been left to rest in peace, and not reformed into that monstrosity that called itself Queen with Paul Rodgers. Freddie must have turned in his grave with that lineup. Man, I would love to go back to the '70's. Their were some spectacular acts then....especially Elton John, Styx and UFO and their "classic" lineup.

Peace,
Ray C.

I just wanted to bump up this thread since the CD was just released in the US. I picked it up at Target today for only $8.

He may take off quite fast. His song "Love Today" is featured in a Verizon commercial for some cellphone.

Yeah that's where I heard it. I think it's for the Chocolate phone, could be wrong. Oh and Queen and EJ are amazing. Enough said. :kickass:

I have to say that I bought this album Tuesday and have not stopped listening to it. It is highly addicting, some songs are stronger than others, but if you are in the mood for a good cd for a sunny day you can't go wrong with this one.

I actually went to a George Michaels concert(with my X,the X I always speak of) during the Faith tour,and he covered a queen song(Somebody to Love)
Absolute perfect version
LOVE his version of that song. LOVE that song. LOVE Queen LOVE LOVE LOVE G. Michael (OMG -- I'd love to see him live) LOVE Elton John. I'm glad someone bumped this back up! :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE G. Michael (OMG -- I'd love to see him live)

I HAVE!! :D It was one of my first concerts! I was in 3rd grade and madly in love with George Michael, so my parents took me and lavished me with lots o' swag! I was a very happy little girl but sadly I don't remember any of the show! :lol:

As for Mika - I'm happy this thread got bumped since I missed it the first time! Great voice and fun songs! I feel happier already :D

*adds to friends*

I bought this today and it has some cool stuff on it. Thanks for bumping the thread back up. I actual thought about this thread the day before it got bumped up and wanted to find it and viola, there it was.

I think Grace Kelly is still my favourite song.
If I heard Ring Ring on the radio I'd probably think it was Muse.
Lollipop is disturbing and awesome at the same time. Happy Ending is probably my 2nd favourite to Grace Kelly.

Paul Rodgers
yuck
IMO,the only tru replacement for Freddy would have been George Michaels(Listen to the timbre of his vocals,you can tell he was bigtime influenced by Freddie
Absolute perfect version

I totally agree with you. I saw the Queen/Rodgers show on t.v. and thought he did not do the songs justice. I like Paul but not in Queen. I have also seen George Michael perform a Queen song and he would have been a better fit.

Other news on the Queen front, I heard a blurb on the radio that Johnny Depp is suppose to be in the lead for a Queen movie that will be made in the future.

Out of curiosity... Target's ads said their version of the album has two exclusive songs on it. What are they?

I got the Best Buy version, which - on top of the hidden track - contains a piano-only version of Love Today and an acoustic cover of Satellite (Dave Matthews).

The album reminds me of the cheesy Euro-pop of the 80's. Gotta love it! And actually Mika's voice is more reminiscent of Robbie Williams now that I've listened to the whole thing a few times. It still does have the Freddy vibe, though.