Fans of the bass guitar and the music it makes

well written and interesting basslines can add an extra dimension to a song, as the bass is often lost underneath the guitars in a lot of productions.

NicodemiX said:
well written and interesting basslines can add an extra dimension to a song, as the bass is often lost underneath the guitars in a lot of productions.

I will agree with that, sir. A good example here is Noctuary or Leviathan. On "When Fires Breed Blood" or "The Tenth Sublevel of Suicide" the bass adds something to the music that you can't get from anything else. Its fantatsic. I play both bass and guitar, and usually write technical bass parts for my music. I like to think that I know when to show off and when to keep rhythm ( with a bass ).

Marksveld said:
On "When Fires Breed Blood" or "The Tenth Sublevel of Suicide" the bass adds something to the music that you can't get from anything else.

Oh yeah, I had Leviathan in mind when I said to that to be honest. Wrest does an exceptional job with bass in his music.

Absolutely. It's the first thing I noticed while hearing Leviathan for the first time... Fucking Your Ghost in Chains of Ice. Prime example of our discussion.

i play bass and such.... and like... i try to change things up... Will's guitar is the main thing that needs to be heard in the music... but when i do write rhythm parts for bass... i try to add different stuff from the guitar just to add variety in there... then i also have times where i try to write some lead stuff.... i dunno... i like playing bass.. it's fun.

I have a grey Ibanez Active Soundgear 400. How about you guys?

^ The tonal range is actually phenominal on this thing. It has a three band EQ on the bass in addition to the volume and pickup knobs. Its a nice, nice bass for 300 dollars. In fact, when purchasing it, I had the choice of Grey for 300 or any other colour for 400 dollars. Naturally, I took grey. I think its because its a cheap finish. Doesnt bother me!

don't have a soundcard but i'll hear it on chrome's computer later. i love bass in music. its what i pick out and focus on most when i listen to music. yay bass!

ct_thrash said:
don't have a soundcard but i'll hear it on chrome's computer later. i love bass in music. its what i pick out and focus on most when i listen to music. yay bass!

I agree. And yes, if you enjoy bass, you gotta here this. I don't know if the link is working, I really hate geocities. Hit me up with a PM if you want the file later.