The greatest music search and downloader of all time

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
It's not a torrent, it's faster. You don't have to install it. It's an app I got from the Eve forums. It connects to a Russian Facebook clone that harvests files that people upload there. In Soviet Russia, YOU fuck the RIAA.

Of course it's quite spartan, but I think it's mainly used to find really difficult music files. Anyone can download from a torrent, but this one seems to get the ones that torrents have problems finding. I found the Leafblade album that I couldn't find anywhere else (I BOUGHT IT FIRST, FASCISTS, SO DON'T EVEN START) and downloaded it quickly. You can only download individual songs, but each song takes about 5 seconds to download.

Screenshot:
http://gm.mainframe.no/stuff/search.png

License:
I hereby place this program and all contents of the downloadable .zip archive into the public domain.

Download link:
http://gm.mainframe.no/stuff/search.zip
By downloading this, you agree to the the disclaimer at the bottom.

Virustotal link (exe file, unzipped):
http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/f6685fd0b44b3cafb85005ff2916552b063898d99ed989a4436b22a25dfc3df7-1252608076

Features:
* Fast search and download
* Relatively small size - 1.7mb, runs under Windows and under Wine natively in Linux and on EeePC, contact me if you need a version for the latter ones.
* Doubleclick in file list to launch associated player with mp3 files.
* Extend search finds more matches for a given search, if available.
* In Soviet Russia music listens you
* If you need more information, click the blue note icon in the upper left corner and select "display help".

P.S.
If the address of the place I am using changes for some reason, or it dies, then the program will die with it. I try to keep it updated/functional though, as I use it myself every day.

DISCLAIMER:
No Liability for consequential damages: To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall I, the author of this program, be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use the software product, even if I have been advised of the possibility of such damages.

No Warranty: Any use of this software product is at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, I, the author of this program, disclaim all warranties and conditions, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and noninfringement.

That link is a virus scanning link for you to use to ensure there's not a virus in what you're downloading. It's working for everyone so far...and it works great. Seven forum pages of nothing but accolades for this girl. It's that good.

Haha! I've read all her posts and everyone else's...she basically said that if you think she wants to harm your computer then don't download it. It's legit and it works great.

Also, it's not installed. It's an app that runs from your desktop. It's not P2P since you cannot upload and distribute music to the internet with it. It's basically a web browser for music on a Russian Facebook clone. Whatever music is uploaded to that site, you can search for it with this to download. If the music is not uploaded to that specific site, you can't get it. The only way to upload music would be to register on the Russian site and upload it yourself. Hope you understand Cyrillic if that's your aim.

In essence, you no longer have to worry about being cut off for being selfish with your downloads and not uploading/seeding/whatever. Be as selfish as you want.

Like I said, it seems to be more of an application to search for rare and hard to find music, especially classical. Finding specific pieces of classical music on the internet is extremely difficult because every orchestra plays it differently. If you're looking for a specific solo played in a specific way, it's really hard to find that with torrents. With this, it's much, much easier.