Fantastic Four teaser trailer...

eppst1

Mar 18, 2002
Ohio
www.eppst1.com

I'm sure this will get a lot of hate, but I didn't think it looked that bad. I'm hearing lots of bad things that may/may not have gone done during the filming, but I'm definitely interested to see how it turns out.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, I was somewhat underwhelmed by the teaser. They didn't really sell me on this, and I think the tone seems way too dour. None of my feelings were shaped by the negative press so far, because until I actually see something, it is hard to form an opinion.

Golly that was boring as fuck.:puke:

I was riveted by the rolling cornfields and overhead shots of city skyscrapers. Amazing! :err::rolleyes:Almost as cool as seeing Galactus in all his glory as...a fucking cloud.:mad:

Looks to be another failed bastardization by Marvel. As great as the FF book was, I think it's safe to say that this just isn't a story that translates well to the big screen. Stick with Iron Man, people.

Looks to be another failed bastardization by Marvel. As great as the FF book was, I think it's safe to say that this just isn't a story that translates well to the big screen. Stick with Iron Man, people.

I guess you don't realize that Marvel Studios (who does the Marvel Cinematic Universe) is not involved with this, and thus they are not responsible for any perceived "bastardization"...

In the 90s (I think) Marvel was on hard times and sold rights to various properties to keep from going bankrupt. As such, Fox owns movie rights to Fantastic Four and X-Men (anything mutant related). They also had Daredevil, Punisher, Blade, Ghost Rider, and others but let those revert back to Marvel. Sony has things Spider-man related. Marvel has no say over casting, stories, release pace, costumes, etc. for these franchises.

Marvel Studios has the rest (but only after Disney bought them and brought Hulk and Iron Man home from Paramount), which is squarely centered on Iron Man and the Avengers.

It's a lot more complicated than that, but I think that's the basics.

I guess you don't realize that Marvel Studios (who does the Marvel Cinematic Universe) is not involved with this, and thus they are not responsible for any perceived "bastardization"...

In the 90s (I think) Marvel was on hard times and sold rights to various properties to keep from going bankrupt. As such, Fox owns movie rights to Fantastic Four and X-Men (anything mutant related). They also had Daredevil, Punisher, Blade, Ghost Rider, and others but let those revert back to Marvel. Sony has things Spider-man related. Marvel has no say over casting, stories, release pace, costumes, etc. for these franchises.

Marvel Studios has the rest (but only after Disney bought them and brought Hulk and Iron Man home from Paramount), which is squarely centered on Iron Man and the Avengers.

It's a lot more complicated than that, but I think that's the basics.

That was a lot of effort on your part to point out my quick written flub. Congrats!

I'm aware that Marvel doesn't put out the movies. I typed quickly.

My point was that these movies are put out to get younger people who aren't too familiar with the concept, as well as older people who have a bit more invested via years of reading the stories (up to a point). I can't really see anyone being too thrilled with what is put out on so many levels. There really haven't been too many worthwhile examples of a 'good' comic book movie, IMO. X-Men 2 and Iron Man being examples of quality writing.

I think the trailer looks awful, and I was one of the few people that did not really have a problem with the darker tone of Man of Steel. But a super serious FF? Blech. Honestly, the tone of a FF movie should be more in line with Guardians of the Galaxy. It should be a bright, fun epic that still has high stakes.

I can just about guarantee that the Sony execs green lit this after the success of the Dark Knight films, but are now really kicking themselves after seeing how amazing GOTG did at the box office.

That was a lot of effort on your part to point out my quick written flub. Congrats!

I'm aware that Marvel doesn't put out the movies. I typed quickly.

My point was that these movies are put out to get younger people who aren't too familiar with the concept, as well as older people who have a bit more invested via years of reading the stories (up to a point). I can't really see anyone being too thrilled with what is put out on so many levels. There really haven't been too many worthwhile examples of a 'good' comic book movie, IMO. X-Men 2 and Iron Man being examples of quality writing.

The new FF movie is being put out so that Fox can keep the rights to the Fantastic Four.